Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season Ticket Event TOMORROW

+2
mattywizz
Stonehouse
6 posters

Go down

Season Ticket Event TOMORROW Empty Season Ticket Event TOMORROW

Post by Stonehouse Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:13 am

Hey everyone... just a reminder that if you've got season tickets, you should go to the event tomorrow at the Chiles Center. Practice starting around 9, scrimmage around 10, and brunch following.

See some of you there tomorrow?
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Season Ticket Event TOMORROW Empty Re: Season Ticket Event TOMORROW

Post by mattywizz Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:24 pm

I'll be there. Can we get seats together this year? You are my hero Stonehouse.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Season Ticket Event TOMORROW Empty Scrimmage

Post by 77pilot Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:56 pm

My son and I went to the scrimmage this morning. You definitely need a program, with all the new players. Ito is back in Japan due to his father's brain tumor and Porter did not play due to a knee injury, but everyone else got in a good run.

I was impressed by the way they got into their offense, passed well and got some good looks in the low post from Knutson and Smeulders. There were very few turnovers, which was a pleasant sight. Stohl can definitley play, as can Raivio, but I was surpised by the fact the Walter Thompson outlplayed Raivio all day. Sikma will find his way onto the floor I suspect this year, along with Niedermeyer, but Knutson and Smuelders are definitely the top big men. Hannibal is HUGE! Watson played like a senior, and Carter had his moments, but it was hard to tell who the starters will be. Maybe they will play 10 people regularly. They will be in trouble if the big men get in foul trouble, as there is no depth there.

They will no doubt go against teams with more talent a lot of nights, but they looked like a group that won't beat themselves- good fundamentals, good passing, decent free throw shooting, and hardly any bad turnovers! Now they need a star or two to emerge, or hold on until next years' recruiting class.

I read that one of the Lopez kids is off the Stanford team due to some issues- didn't Reveno recruit them? Maybe he will end up on the Bluff!

77pilot
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by upsailor Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:33 pm

I wouldn't go so far as to say that Walter outplayed Nik all day.
He did take about 4 or 5 shots to Nik's 1, and he did shoot well, but so did Nik for the shots he attempted. However when it comes to defense or ball handleing Walter is not going to keep up with Nik.
My concern at present is the absence of Ito. Will it be similar to last year when he was in Japan for several weeks, as this sounds pretty serious with Ito's father. I feel that Ravio would have to play the point and perhaps Thompson at off guard.
The thing about Walter is that last year in our exhibition game he scored 14/15 pts but when the season started he played very little
and with very little contribution.

upsailor
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:04 pm

I'd be very nervous about starting Walter, unless he's really, really impressed Coach Rev during the offseason. Since I haven't heard/read about Thompson in any of the press releases, I'd assume that the answer to that is "no." He was pretty much a non-factor last year when he was starting in place of Coop, and was getting 2-3 minutes a game by the end of the season.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by pdx35 Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:08 pm

Nik is a much better player, I will give Thompson credit for the most part he did shoot well however he is a catch and shoot player and if he isn't shooting well he will be tough to leave out on the court.

pdx35
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-10-23

Back to top Go down