Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Timbers u23

3 posters

Go down

Timbers u23 Empty Timbers u23

Post by Geezaldinho Wed May 04, 2011 4:09 pm

The Timbers announced the roster for the team that will defend the PDL title.

four Pilots are listed, Ryan Kawoluk, Steve Evans, Thomas Iwasaki, and Ricardo Carrillo.

They also announced the schedule.
http://www.portlandtimbers.com/news/2011/05/timbers-u-23s-announce-2011-team-roster
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Timbers u23 Empty Steven Evans on the game.

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:50 pm

Portland Timbers (@TimbersFC)
6/2/11 4:33 PM
Timbers U-23s midfielder Steven Evans joins @strongatnight tonight at 6:35 p.m. on @750AMTheGame. The U-23s face Kitsap tomorrow. #rctid

Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Timbers u23 Empty Timbers clean up

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:19 pm

The Timbers u23 took the Tacoma Tide to the cleaners today with a 4-1 score. ( I need to be a sports editor)

Two Pilots were involved.
Steven Evans his first score for the Timbers in this new season, Ryan Kawulok got an assist. Scores also from Miles Byass (2) and Ricky Abrego.

http://www.portlandtimbers.com/news/2011/06/byass-brace-helps-timbers-u-23s-win-over-tacoma
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Timbers u23 Empty Re: Timbers u23

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:09 pm

I see the Timbers are bringing former Pilots player Steven Evans back for his fourth season on the U-23 Premier Development League roster.

Evans had a standout sophomore season at the UP in 2011, leading the Pilots in scoring with six goals and five assists. He’s also a two-time all-West Coast Conference honoree
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11236
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjoy Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:30 am

Can you clarify what you mean by "former Pilots player Steven Evans"? Is he no longer a Pilot?

soccerjoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:07 am

soccerjoy wrote:Can you clarify what you mean by "former Pilots player Steven Evans"? Is he no longer a Pilot?
Embarassed Ooops, sorry! Darn distractions. When I wrote the quick line about Steven, I meant to write former Central Catholic player Steven Evans.

As far as I know, Steven will still be at UP for the upcoming season. Smile

Sorry if I made you spill your cornflakes this morning. tongue
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjoy Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:04 pm

I almost threw up my cornflakes... tongue

soccerjoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-11-22

Back to top Go down

Timbers u23 Empty Steven Evans guides Portland Timbers U-23s

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:22 pm

Video interview and short article about Steven Evans today on OregonLive:

Steven Evans, a midfielder for the University of Portland Pilots men's soccer team and a former standout at Central Catholic High School, has been with the Portland Timbers U-23s Premier Developmental League team since its inception in 2009. Since that time, the Timbers have been a model for PDL teams, missing the playoffs only once in the past three seasons and winning a PDL title in 2010 with a record-setting 16-0-0 record.

A self-described technician in the midfield, Evans is an adept facilitator who prides himself on the ability to find opportunities for his forwards. He continues to be an anchor for the Timbers U-23s midfield with 2 goals scored on 11 shots while appearing in seven games so far this season. Stumptown Footy recently profiled Steven Evans as a homegrown player to watch, and an athlete with a pedigree for success. Currently a junior at the University of Portland, he has won several accolades during his time with the Pilots, but had a breakout streak in 2011 when he returned from injury midseason to earn WCC Player of the Week and National Player of the Week honors with 2 assists and 3 goals scored, leading the Pilots to wins in three-straight matches.
Watch highlights of Steven Evans in the video below and listen as he talks about his offseason development, playing a leadership role and what it means to play in front of his hometown crowd:

http://www.oregonlive.com/timbers/index.ssf/2012/06/steven_evans_leads_timbers_u-2.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down