Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Timber to play Sounders, Whitecaps

+2
DaTruRochin
Geezaldinho
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Timber to play Sounders, Whitecaps - Page 3 Empty Re: Timber to play Sounders, Whitecaps

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:10 pm

I think with the start we've had we needed to take that game seriously.

The defensive organization keeps getting better. Gleeson was the real deal in goal in his first MLS start. Kenny Cooper is a fantastically hard worker up front. Seeing the team in person, they could be all right by the end of the year.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Timber to play Sounders, Whitecaps - Page 3 Empty Re: Timber to play Sounders, Whitecaps

Post by onetouchfutbol Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:26 pm

Any ideas on what the attendance was at Merlo?
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:31 pm

onetouchfutbol wrote:Any ideas on what the attendance was at Merlo?

Geoffrey C. Arnold had it at 5,061
which is more than sold out.

http://www.oregonlive.com/timbers/index.ssf/2011/03/portland_timbers_get_first_win.html
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:04 am

Finally a win for the Sounders: 2-1 over Chicago. The Mauro Rosales to O'Brien highlight was a beauty of a goal.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:24 pm

There were 500 tickets allocated to Portland supporters for the game in Seattle. They went on sale to members of 107ist at 7 tonight. As of this post there are 82 left.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaGorilla Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:40 am

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:There were 500 tickets allocated to Portland supporters for the game in Seattle. They went on sale to members of 107ist at 7 tonight. As of this post there are 82 left.

The seven keg buses were all "sold out" within ten minutes of going on sale, but some later opened up. They also created another bus driving the whole distance from Portland.
VillaGorilla
VillaGorilla
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:03 pm

VillaGorilla wrote:
PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:There were 500 tickets allocated to Portland supporters for the game in Seattle. They went on sale to members of 107ist at 7 tonight. As of this post there are 82 left.

The seven keg buses were all "sold out" within ten minutes of going on sale, but some later opened up. They also created another bus driving the whole distance from Portland.
Ah. It appeared that way because of how many people were getting online at the same time, but after things died down there were only two that were completely sold out.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Timber to play Sounders, Whitecaps - Page 3 Empty Don't forget kiddies

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:33 pm

Timbers first home game in Jel-Wend park( tough to say) tonight at 8:00 ESPN2

11:00 AM Saturday- GOLTV. The first of 4 possible Superclasicos between Real Madrid and Barça in 18 days.
Should be a real barn burner.

And, of course
UP men at Ronaldo field in the morning on Saturday, and the Women in the afternoon at Merlo.

Life is good.

Last edited by Purplegeezer on Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:16 pm

Not to mention a little FA Cup Manchester derby at 915 AM on FSC Saturday...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:31 pm

With the past 2 wins, I believe the Timbers passed the Sounders in the standings. Sad I expect the Sounders Supporters to vote Hanauer out when that´s up for a vote in the coming years. He´s a lame duck in the front office...

It´s just the beginning of a marathon season though, and I am enjoying watching Mauro Rosales...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:21 pm

onetouchfutbol wrote:With the past 2 wins, I believe the Timbers passed the Sounders in the standings. Sad I expect the Sounders Supporters to vote Hanauer out when that´s up for a vote in the coming years. He´s a lame duck in the front office...

It´s just the beginning of a marathon season though, and I am enjoying watching Mauro Rosales...

Haha, it's still early, but Timbers fans will always have a weekend to remember.

If I'm playing a pickup game, I want Alhassan on my squad. Best +/- on the squad.

Here's the standings.

[quote]WESTERN CONFERENCE
Club PTS
1 Real Salt Lake.. 12
2 LA Galaxy 12
3 Colorado Rapids 9
4 Portland Timbers 7
5 Vancouver Whitecaps 6
6 Seattle Sounders FC 6
7 San Jose Earthquakes 5
8 FC Dallas 4
9 Chivas USA 3
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:32 pm

onetouchfutbol wrote:With the past 2 wins, I believe the Timbers passed the Sounders in the standings. Sad I expect the Sounders Supporters to vote Hanauer out when that´s up for a vote in the coming years. He´s a lame duck in the front office...

At least Hanauer understands away support is part of the game and wants us in Qwest, unlike Joe Roth.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:15 pm

Joe Roth is from LA, what do you expect? Razz
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3