Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U of O ranked #1 in the AP in football...true or flukey?

+7
mattywizz
DaTruRochin
pilotram
Rochin54
blacksheep
Stonehouse
onetouchfutbol
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

U of O ranked #1 in the AP in football...true or flukey? - Page 2 Empty Re: U of O ranked #1 in the AP in football...true or flukey?

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:33 pm

Geezaldinho wrote:Canzano is off on a big Jag about how the Ducks have to prove they are legit by beating USC.

Really? they need to beat a .500 team in their conference and that will do it?
John Strong's rejoinder on Twitter: Shouldn't that be the other way around?

Yeah Ricky, you shut 'em down last night. Only 28 points in the second half after 32 in the first. I like going for two; too bad Chip couldn't squeeze in a fake punt. And I think the yellow and black is a cool combination.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

U of O ranked #1 in the AP in football...true or flukey? - Page 2 Empty Re: U of O ranked #1 in the AP in football...true or flukey?

Post by blacksheep Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:41 pm

Rochin54 wrote:
I loved the uniforms last night. They were sharp. I even got that comment from a born and bred Big 10 co-worker this morning.

Love or hate the Oregon PR department, they were in full force yesterday. The whole game was an advertisement for Oregon football. ESPN was showing shots of Oregon's facilities, which are pretty awesome, all game long. They even did a feature of on the duck. Oregon got twice the Sportscenter coverage simply because they put all the hosts' pictures on their play cards. You know that move, which is just pure genius, had to come from the PR department.

As for the Uni's, those stupid feathers on the shoulder pads are actually starting to look not that bad.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:06 pm

Did Puddles really have to do 311 pushups?

If he did, get him on the team. The guy is a beast !
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:38 pm

Now Auburn is #1. So I guess we're going to keep rolling through other undefeated teams until giving it to Oregon or BSU.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:56 pm

Hahaha, you better believe the powers that be will make sure a UO, BSU final don't happen... The ad revenue would plummet...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:47 pm

DaTruRochin wrote:Hahaha, you better believe the powers that be will make sure a UO, BSU final don't happen... The ad revenue would plummet...
I tend not to believe in conspiracy theories, but I'm with you on this. They don't want that to happen. Or TCU vs. BSU. No way.
I was actually hope for either oregon vs. oklahoma or oregon vs. BSU. Just because of the recent history between those teams. (after OSU lost to BSU, the mic picked up a BSU player telling an OSU player to "kick the ---- outta Oregon"). No love lost there.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:06 am

DaTruRochin wrote:Hahaha, you better believe the powers that be will make sure a UO, BSU final don't happen... The ad revenue would plummet...

Seriously. Eugene and Boise. But, maybe they could treat us to a halftime tour of Oregon's NFL style locker room where true student athletes develop their motor skills by playing their X-boxes, testing their reflexes and preparing them for life in the conference of Champions. Hahaha...cough, cough.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:42 am

onetouchfutbol wrote:

Seriously. Eugene and Boise. But, maybe they could treat us to a halftime tour of Oregon's NFL style locker room where true student athletes develop their motor skills by playing their X-boxes, testing their reflexes and preparing them for life in the conference of Champions. Hahaha...cough, cough.

jealousy can be an ugly thing. Razz
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:28 am

Especially when it involves looking at national championship trophies...

U of O ranked #1 in the AP in football...true or flukey? - Page 2 2008456222
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:48 am

DaTruRochin wrote:Especially when it involves looking at national championship trophies...

Or award-winning exposes about how dirty a program is...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/victoryandruins/

Of course, not like Oregon can talk... lost amid the LaMichael James Heisman hype is the fact that he was arrested for strangling his ex-girlfriend. Not to mention the fact that he was arrested for assault right before his freshman year too... great player, but it's hard to root for him.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:01 am

Oh that was well after the Dawgfather had retired...

On a related note, Jerramy Stevens just got kicked off the Tampa Bay Bucs for drugs... Where have I heard that before?? I remember watching that dude in HS, he was just an insane talent, unfortunately he was also insane.

But a lot of UO boosters would say something like, she attacked him so it's ok or something along those lines. At least he didn't steal laptops, drive without a license and get busted with some of Eugene's finest herbal remedy... (I hear people do that.)
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:35 am

It's the best team Nike money can buy.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:26 am

Stonehouse wrote:
DaTruRochin wrote:Especially when it involves looking at national championship trophies...

Or award-winning exposes about how dirty a program is...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/victoryandruins/

Of course, not like Oregon can talk... lost amid the LaMichael James Heisman hype is the fact that he was arrested for strangling his ex-girlfriend. Not to mention the fact that he was arrested for assault right before his freshman year too... great player, but it's hard to root for him.

Then, there's the QB who was kicked off the team this year...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:34 am

onetouchfutbol wrote:Then, there's the QB who was kicked off the team this year...

One of the most unintentionally funny quotes I've hear all year came from Houston Nutt as he was lobbying the NCAA to let Masoli play this year:

I just want the people at the NCAA to see what a fantastic young man he's been ... for the last month.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 874

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:37 am

onetouchfutbol wrote:
Then, there's the QB who was kicked off the team this year...

Yep, and us Duck fans are going to be rooting for him again this weekend cheers
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

U of O ranked #1 in the AP in football...true or flukey? - Page 2 Empty One of the best talk radio pieces EVER!!!

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:30 pm

you have to listen to this...

http://www.955thegame.com/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=4979894
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:23 pm

Rob's Jacket wrote:
onetouchfutbol wrote:Then, there's the QB who was kicked off the team this year...

One of the most unintentionally funny quotes I've hear all year came from Houston Nutt as he was lobbying the NCAA to let Masoli play this year:

I just want the people at the NCAA to see what a fantastic young man he's been ... for the last month.

Hmmmm...this skit comes to mind....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xLsRI7-hBs
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:23 pm

Geezaldinho wrote:you have to listen to this...

This is awesome....in so many ways. Is this even real? It's so over the top it's hard for me to believe.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:20 pm

pilotram wrote:

This is awesome....in so many ways. Is this even real? It's so over the top it's hard for me to believe.

the more I think about it, they paid some actor to do that to boost ratings.

First off, nobody in the South speaks like that anymore. TV has made everyone talk like a Canadian. (think Peter Jennings)

second, the guy made a complete ass of himself and tried to push every Duck button imaginable. No way it was real.

Just a ratings ploy.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:39 pm

Geezaldinho wrote:First off, nobody in the South speaks like that anymore. TV has made everyone talk like a Canadian. (think Peter Jennings)

They do still talk like that in the South. Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiIO_gp92js&feature=related

Last edited by blacksheep on Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Geezaldinho wrote:
pilotram wrote:

the more I think about it, they paid some actor to do that to boost ratings.

First off, nobody in the South speaks like that anymore. TV has made everyone talk like a Canadian. (think Peter Jennings)

second, the guy made a complete ass of himself and tried to push every Duck button imaginable. No way it was real.

Just a ratings ploy.

Talking about Pete Carrol as if he were still head coach at USC, and claiming to have won every NC for the last ten years.....I dunno, I just can't believe someone that into football would be that dumb.
But it was still obscenely funny.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:30 pm

blacksheep wrote:
Geezaldinho wrote:First off, nobody in the South speaks like that anymore. TV has made everyone talk like a Canadian. (think Peter Jennings)

They do still talk like that in the South. Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiIO_gp92js&feature=related

Wow.

cinemaphile that I am and yet somehow I missed that documentary.

I stand corrected.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:46 pm

Google search "SEC guy." They should have called him out as a fake. Still, quality entertainment.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:59 pm

Hahahahaha.

Hook, line, and sinker.

http://thegame.podbean.com/2010/10/27/sec-guy-calls-955-radio-in-oregon/

Great stuff.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:04 pm

Chip Kelly to Erin Andrews, post USC, when she asked what kind of statement his team coming from behind makes: " I don't know, I'm not into statements. I'm just into winning games, Bud."

8 and 0, ranked #1 in the BCS, and calls EA "Bud". It's good to be Chip Kelly! Pimp

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next