Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portland-Texas A&M, September 17

+26
purplehaze
gnarly
ktinpurple
soccerjoy
UPFAN
fozziewozzie
PilotPoser
harryb
Indigo Kid
A_Fan
jc
eProf
purple haze
agsoccer2007
Stonehouse
VillaGorilla
GUPhantom
pms275
fwill
Poopdeck Pappy
SoreKnees
fan from afar
Geezaldinho
UPSoccerFanatic
Harry Redknapp
PurplePrideTrumpet
30 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Portland-Texas A&M, September 17 - Page 3 Empty Re: Portland-Texas A&M, September 17

Post by agsoccer2007 Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:05 pm

It's all about Dos Equis.. I really don't drink anything else unless it's free or no Dos available...

agsoccer2007
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Back to top Go down

Portland-Texas A&M, September 17 - Page 3 Empty Re: Portland-Texas A&M, September 17

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:28 pm

agsoccer2007 wrote:It's all about Dos Equis.. I really don't drink anything else unless it's free or no Dos available...

That's what you said on the Video!

which one is the fiancé?

stay thirsty, my friend....
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by UPFAN Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:52 pm

Just catching up and I too have been waiting for this game since it came out on the schedule. A&M will be a great test for the Pilots. I think it will be a test for the coaching staff as well, as they could create some dissent with all the line up juggling if the team doesn't perform well.
I agree with Harry and UPSoccerFanatic about the starting 11. It looked like Michaela and Dani were the best combination up top, but the coaches haven't seemed to play them together much. Sophie is too valuable in the midfield to move and is by far the team MVP this year. I think Hailee in goal, simply for the experience and command. Keelin is the co-MVP in my mind with her ability to control the midfield. Defensively, we will have to take of the speed of A&M, as they killed us with over the top balls last year.

UPFAN
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by agsoccer2007 Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:35 pm

Geezaldinho wrote:
agsoccer2007 wrote:It's all about Dos Equis.. I really don't drink anything else unless it's free or no Dos available...

That's what you said on the Video!

which one is the fiancé?

stay thirsty, my friend....

LOL I love it... cheers!

agsoccer2007
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:21 pm

If anyone wants to get the TAMU take on the game, it will be broadcast on KBTX 88.1 with a live stream available at http://www.kbtx.com/home/misc/50852982.html

also, there is a stream for mobile phones available at. http://www.kbtx.com/mobile

Which includes and android app and a live stream.

there is a preview at http://www.kbtx.com/sports/headlines/103107009.html which contails a different view of the world than ours.

Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjoy Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:55 pm

we're off to the game!!!!! Go Pilots!!! cheers

soccerjoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ktinpurple Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:17 pm

Wow! What a game! Hallie made the game winning goal about half way into the second half when she came on as a sub. Final score 1-0. GO PILOTS!

So impressed with Elli! Keelin seemed a little off in her passing though. Bridges looked great, best I've seen her play. Kendal came in and had the speed to keep up with the Aggies offense which was very threatening at times. So glad Hailey was in goal. She had a few very good saves (4 I believe). Sophie, solid as a rock like always. Great one touch passing. We dominated in shots and corners.

Overall, I thought we looked really good! Stanford here we come!
ktinpurple
ktinpurple
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjoy Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:45 pm

Way to go, ladies!!! Beautiful game!!!! Go Pilots! cheers cheers

soccerjoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Redknapp Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:47 pm

Kendal did not play. I think you mean Kassi.
Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by SoreKnees Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:49 pm

ktinpurple wrote: Kendal came in and had the speed to keep up with the Aggies offense which was very threatening at times.

I don't believe we saw Kendall tonight. Do you mean Kassie?
SoreKnees
SoreKnees
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ktinpurple Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:07 pm

oops. Kassi is who I meant.
ktinpurple
ktinpurple
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by harryb Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:08 pm

The beautiful passing game is starting to come together. It could easily have been a higher score, and most of A&M's shots were from outside. It looked like their offensive strategy was to kick a long ball and hope the front line could get it.
harryb
harryb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:10 pm

Great game with the Pilots dominant. The kick it long and have a fast player run on to it offense did not work for TAMU, the Pilots shut it down pretty consistently. The last 18 minutes were a clinic on ball control by the Pilots.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by pms275 Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:19 pm

One of the best soccer matches I've seen at UP, and the passing game is really starting to click. There were some beautiful moments out there tonight. More cowbell!
pms275
pms275
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:34 pm

A_Fan wrote:Great game with the Pilots dominant. The kick it long and have a fast player run on to it offense did not work for TAMU, the Pilots shut it down pretty consistently. The last 18 minutes were a clinic on ball control by the Pilots.

Actually, the last 18 minutes TAMU was done, they were so tired of chasing. Even with the subs G. kept throwing in, it was over.

there was no closing on the ball, and the defenders couldn't keep up with the wings any more.

Hats off to the whole team on the passing game. great in traffic, great at keeping the ball moving across the field, the three lines worked really well on overlaps, and they mixed up long and short passes so Tamu couldn't compress the field.

Tamu is a really good team, but UP was better tonight in all facets of the game. Our back line is hereby declared the best in the NCAA. Great job of working together on defense and being part of the offense. Ill bet Tamu was checking numbers to be sure who the defenders and who the wing were.

All three of the center backs were awesome!!!!

Hooper had a couple of dangerous runs, but UP closed them all down but one or two and forced her shots even then. The rest of their team was in a mismatch all across the board.

Win the ball in the midfield, pass, pass, pass, pass, switch field. bring the ball up the wing - cross--shoot. crash the goal. shoot again. get the clear, start over.

All Night long.

Last edited by Geezaldinho on Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:50 pm

ktinpurple wrote:oops. Kassi is who I meant.
I thought Kassi was very good tonight. She made a few good plays down the stretch to keep the Aggies from a scoring chance.

TAMU had a few stretches where they were able to keep the ball, but there was too much pressure from the Pilots.

Brilliant decision to start Brooke; she was running down the wing all night. I also saw Reed pushing up the field more than the previous games this season. The defense was spectacular. I was going back and forth between Cloee and Keelin for tonight's MVP. Keelin completely owned the midfield tonight. That's saying something as the Aggies had a number of tough players able to challenge for the ball, but Keelin wasn't going to back down from anyone tonight.

DJ Sherman and I had a word with Coach G as he was leaving the field. He loved the atmosphere. "In our conference, they don't care." (Well, they're more interested in the other football in the Big 12.) He didn't think they played that well tonight, though I told him I thought they were a good team. Hooper is a baller.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by gnarly Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:53 pm

Sat above some A&M fans on the West side. They had two youngsters yelling go aggies all night with couple of our younsters yelling go pilots right behind them. They commented on good agressive D after the game.

Great game, thought we dominated the mid-field. Ellie was a force on the left wth her over runs.

A&M still dangerous. HDY had to make several great saves to preserve the shutout. we controlled the ball the last 15.

It will be tough road trip to Bay area.

Go pilots!

gnarly
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by GUPhantom Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:21 pm

One BIG thing I noticed...and that I thought won us the match...was team FITNESS. When the horn sounded...I counted at least 4 TAMU players who just bent head over knee and sucked air! They looked like they were glad the game was over. Though it wasn't a knockout...our jab snapped their head back all night long! I agree with all...that was sharpest performance this season. Its coming together. It just a matter of time before the goals start happening in bunches. Vs Standford anyone? Yes! That'll be a statement. Sunday is a free day. Rest up girls and run the Bears and Cardinal into the ground next weekend!

GO PILOTS!!!
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:37 pm

I was wondering about the ball the keeper had to reach back for that was nearly a goal. KATU showed the highlights. The ball never even made it to the goal line.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:42 pm

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:I was wondering about the ball the keeper had to reach back for that was nearly a goal. KATU showed the highlights. The ball never even made it to the goal line.

yeah, on when she finally covered it, but not over.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:45 pm

Geoffrey C. Arnold has the O article up. pretty good although I don't think he noticed Cloee and MO weren't in the game whe Penn state scored. it is different when they are in - and Kassi looked like she is getting rid of the cobwebs.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pilots/index.ssf/2010/09/portland_1_texas_am_0_hardwork.html

Good article, though. I think he captured perfectly what went on.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:01 am

the TAMU version is up:

http://www.aggieathletics.com/sports/w-soccer/recaps/091810aaa.html

"No one likes losing, but if you're going to lose a match you want it to be to a quality team and Portland is a terrific side," said A&M head coach G Guerrieri. "We had spells, but not enough of them. To be outshot 9-4 in shots on goal is a realistic stat. We needed to do better with the situations we created."
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:03 am

Here's a link to the post-game article on the TAMU website. It's a well done and honest article: http://www.aggieathletics.com/sports/w-soccer/recaps/091810aaa.html

Oops, the Geez beat me to it. Give me Beer! , in honor of the ever-speedy Geez.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Post by fozziewozzie Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:21 am

Arnold documented the game well save one minor error;

'But Arnold couldn't hold off a barrage in the second half, when the Pilots had a 10-3 advantage in shots.'

Arnold was injured in the first half an left the game not to return.

Overall, I though our gals played their best game of the year by everyone. The frosh, outside of Michaela [because she's played at D1 all along] are really starting to pick up their games. Sarah had her best game of the year.

It's really hard to single out any one player in the game tonight, they were all very, very good....But if I had to choose one, I think it would probably be Keelin.

I think this game tonight an the pretty long lay off the girls have until they have to face Cal an Stanford bodes well.
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:45 am

I dove head first into the virus pit for you PC guys.

PILOTS SOCCER:
No. 3 UP women stay unbeaten, top No. 6 Texas A&M on Halley Kreminski's second-half strike

The Portland Tribune, Sep 17, 2010,

SCORE: No. 3 Portland Pilots 1, No. 6 Texas A&M Aggies 0

WHEN, WHERE: Friday night, Sept. 17, Merlo Field

HIGHLIGHTS: Junior Halley Kreminski scored in the 65th minute off a cross by freshman Sarah Bridges as the Pilots won before a crowd of 4,517. ... UP is off to the third-best start in school history. ... The Pilots led 25-11 in shots and 6-4 in corner kicks. ... UP took the first eight shots and finished the first half with 15 attempts. They forced backup goalkeeper Kelly Dyer to make seven saves in the game, while UP junior Hailee DeYoung made four stops and got her first shutout of the year, in her second start.

TOP PERFORMERS: It was the second time in the last three games that Kreminski has come off the bench and scored a second-half game winner. She did it a week earlier as UP beat No. 24 Rutgers 2-1 at Merlo Field.

RECORDS: Portland 9-0, Texas A&M 6-2

NEXT FOR PILOTS: Portland plays tough two games in a three-day span on the road next week. The Pilots will take on No. 15 California (40-1) at 3 p.m. Thursday and No. 2 Stanford (5-0-2) at 7 p.m. Saturday.

You can buy me a Pliny....

Last edited by Geezaldinho on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next