Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portland state gets thumped by UW...

3 posters

Go down

Portland state gets thumped by UW... Empty Portland state gets thumped by UW...

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:02 am

Was PSU supposed to be good this year? I don't follow them...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskies/2010280351_umen16.html
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Portland state gets thumped by UW... Empty Re: Portland state gets thumped by UW...

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:16 am

They don't have several players from last year (graduated or not). Their coach left leaving recruiting in a shambles, and The NCAA reduced their athletic scholarship count to 11 for violations and lack of academic performance.

http://www.oregonlive.com/vikings/index.ssf/2009/05/geving_knew_psu_was_in_trouble.html

I'd say they will struggle.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11808
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Portland state gets thumped by UW... Empty Re: Portland state gets thumped by UW...

Post by MesaPilot1 Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:30 am

Did you guys see JJones bend over the back of the Huskie player and have the jump ball called....I found that call real interesting. I just hope my buddy , Libby, has some input on the officiating. I doubt it since it's OOC schedule.

They still don't have Brockman, if Nik and Ethan can defense Pondextor well I think TJ and the rest of the team will do just fine. Plus , Romar is an awful bench coach, great recruiter though. So we should have an distinct advantage in the coaching on the bench.

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:49 am

Geezaldinho wrote:They don't have several players from last year (graduated or not). Their coach left leaving recruiting in a shambles, and The NCAA reduced their athletic scholarship count to 11 for violations and lack of academic performance.

http://www.oregonlive.com/vikings/index.ssf/2009/05/geving_knew_psu_was_in_trouble.html

I'd say they will struggle.

Tough senior year for Jamie Jones. Too bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:22 pm

MesaPilot1 wrote:Did you guys see JJones bend over the back of the Huskie player and have the jump ball called....I found that call real interesting. I just hope my buddy , Libby, has some input on the officiating. I doubt it since it's OOC schedule.

They still don't have Brockman, if Nik and Ethan can defense Pondextor well I think TJ and the rest of the team will do just fine. Plus , Romar is an awful bench coach, great recruiter though. So we should have an distinct advantage in the coaching on the bench.

Pondexter is the big question mark on that UW team. In some games, he looks like a first round NBA draft pick and in other games he disappears. We have to slow down, avoid turnovers, and hit 3s against UW again to beat them. We can't run the floor with them in an up and down game.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down