Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

College Hoops Net Top 144

+8
DaTruRochin
Geezaldinho
PilotNut
MesaPilot1
ShipstadPilot11
MJGoGaels
onetouchfutbol
Stonehouse
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

College Hoops Net Top 144 - Page 2 Empty Re: College Hoops Net Top 144

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:47 pm

DaTruRochaldo wrote:Stohl is huge... But really I think they are missing the boat on Sikma... I think he is going to prove to be the X-factor on this team. Already arguably the best passer, if his offensive game gains confidence, lookout for Luke...

DTR, I definitely agree with you on this one. I really think that Luke has the ability to be a game-changer for us and have a huge impact off the bench. As I recall, Luke was out last summer (and into the season) with ankle? issues. So the Luke that we saw last year was Luke that didn't have a whole summer of strength and conditioning workouts under his belt.

It seems to me that Coach Scott does an incredible job with the guys during the summer. The difference between '07-'08 and '08-'09 was astounding.

Unlike last year, Luke is coming off a full summer of workouts during which, I assume, he has made great progress as all of the guys seemed to after last summer. I am excited to see what he is able to do this fall. I think that Luke can be a great threat not only as (like the article said) one of our best rebounders but as a mid-range and inside threat. He has always seemed pretty confident with little jumpers from inside the arc and I can only imagine that he has honed his skills this summer and has found different ways to be a scoring threat.

I'm not the first guy to say this, nor will I be the last, but this is a great time to be a Pilot basketball fan!
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:50 pm

I was hoping for higher too, but I have no complaints about 88. We've got to prove it before they put us higher, and I'm fine with that.

Agree with DTR about Sikma. For me, he's the guy who needs to step up if we're going to really become a better team. Stohl... I LOVE his game, but I really don't know if he ever will be more than a shooter. He knows his role and fills it beautifully. I don't know how effective he would be driving to the basket and creating his own shot. TJ, on the other hand... he I can see pick up his aggressiveness and fo towards the basket more.

Another thing that hasn't been mentioned... BJ Porter was starting to look awfully good at the end of last year. I know Ethan battled injuries and was playing really, really well when last season began, but he unless he is able to finally stay 100% healthy, I think BJ could have a growing role on the team as well since he gives a dimension (athleticism) that we lack when he's not on the floor.

Oh man... definitely gets me pumped. November can't come quickly enough!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:51 pm

I fourth the sentiments towards Sikma. From the first time I saw him play (BYU a couple years ago, I believe) I thought there was potential to be a solid WCC player. Granted I have probably seen less games than just about anyone who posts here and I am under 50 years old, but I like to think my opinion counts. In the few games I saw last year I still saw the potential. Now, coming off a healthy summer, and fall, he should be in better shape and hopefully more confident.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:57 pm

Agreed on missing on Sikma... He will be huge this year... and if we can get TJ to shoot a little more... Wink

BJ was indeed solid last season... I would love to see Taishi get some offense going as a Senior... Waterford was also solid.

Man, I cant wait! bounce bounce bounce

GO PILOTS!
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:26 pm

I'd love to see TJ do some more driving to the basket. If he can start to penetrate effectively I think it would really open up our offense and create more opportunities for himself and others to score.

mattywizz, nothing wrong with bein under 50!
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:09 pm

Gol durn whippersnappers! College Hoops Net Top 144 - Page 2 829882

Back to top Go down

Post by cjacks14 Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:30 pm

After seeing Sikma this summer Down Under I think he is ready for a big one. He seems a step quicker (maybe thats because i'm not watching on TV) and he seemed really bouncy around the rim. He's easily the best rebounder and i think if he's in even better shape by opening night its gonna be a good year.
cjacks14
cjacks14
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:00 am

Just imagine your, Luke , Dad is Jack Sikma, you go home after your Aussie Tour, and Dads hanging around the Backyard teaching your little brother some new moves. He invites you to join in a "little game" of backyard 2 on 2. He and your little brother whom if I recall is a Junior this year in HS against you and your best teamate from the neighborhood.

I hope that happened this summer. With Yao Ming sidelined this year though, Jack may have had extra duties with the other Rocket big men this summer in Pro League in Vegas or One on Ones. (Lets hope not).

I think Pilot fans should see a few opponents down low get "Sikmatized" from the baseline like the old man used to do to a few guys in his day, ah remember the good ol days matty,wait you were not out of diapers yet......or maybe still a glimmer in your old man's eye.......................jk , lol.

Old arthretic,forgetfull,opinioned

MesaPilot1 pale

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by MJGoGaels Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:31 pm

Good for the Pilots. Nice to get a little attention. With the schedule and Oregon at home, there's opportunity to make some noise on the national stage and prove that Pilots can garner a bid to the NCAA.
MJGoGaels
MJGoGaels
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2