Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9/19 Live Video: @ Washington

+5
GUPhantom
PointPilots
ninjapizza
Stonehouse
FANatic
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

9/19 Live Video:  @ Washington - Page 2 Empty Video feed

Post by PilotNut Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:59 pm

I didnt have any problems with the video--in fact i was impressed with the picture quality. (I have Comcast Broadband).

We need a ruthless scorer.... remember how quickly Sinclair would get shots off? No one on this team seems to want to SHOOT! when in the box... they make one more pass. Where is the cut throat lightning quick attack?!

Was anyone else disappointed in the corner kick attempts, especially that string of 6 or so in a row in the second half? The kicks offered no significant scoring opportunity... and we kept doing the same high, lob kick every time, to the far side...

I hope someone will light a fire under the offense...! It was awesome how much we controlled possesion--amazing actually. UW couldnt hold on to possesion for more than a couple seconds. We just need to convert more shots!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

9/19 Live Video:  @ Washington - Page 2 Empty Re: 9/19 Live Video: @ Washington

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:49 pm

I was actually encouraged by the game tonight. Sure, we could have scored more, but this game was perhaps the most dominant yet in terms of possession and midfield play. The attack was actually pretty relentless, I thought.

One of the reasons UP had so much possession is that they DIDN'T just fire off shots. The whole concept of a UP offense is that you only risk possession on a high percentage shot. Clive never told players to just fire off shots, he always preached patience. Smith is no different. of the shots tonight, about half were on frame, and most of those were good shots.

That does two things- you get to keep the ball so the other team can't score, and you wear the other team out. That's clearly what happened tonight. It was no accident that UP got 7 corners in five minutes. and UW only got off one shot in the second half. By the end, UW coudn't follow the play.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2