Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2009 Roster

5 posters

Go down

2009 Roster Empty 2009 Roster

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:18 pm

I had a thought I wanted to enter on one of threads in which various of you entered your thoughts about potential lineups for next year. Instead, I decided to start a new thread.

Here's what I'm thinking. The 2009 roster will include, among others, these players:

1. Kelsey and Jessica are on the 18 player U23 team selected to go to Europe shortly;

2. Michelle E, Elli, and Keelin (as captain) just finished as major players on the team that won the U20 World Cup;

3. Cloee just finished as a major player on the team that came in second in the U17 World Cup and now is in the U18-U20 pool;

4. Sophie is a major player on the Canadian Women's National Team that barely lost to the ultimate champion US women in the Olympics;

5. Kendra has been part of the U23 pool and previously has been a major player on national youth teams.

That gives us seven potential starting players who are active national age-group team players and another who has been active previously.

I wonder what other teams will be able to match that.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

2009 Roster Empty Re: 2009 Roster

Post by gnarly Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:16 pm

I agree that we need to find room for those 7!

I believe Foxhoven and Olivier both have youth national team experience which brings us to 9.

From what I saw last year, you need to find a slot for McCluskie. I am also expecting Burk to mature a lot after a nice Freshman year.

I don't know much about the other incoming freshman to know who has chance to break the starting lineup other than Cloee.

All in all, it is a nice problem to have with so many quality subs and a full squad to have a full scrimmage at practice. Experience has taught us that you need numbers when injury, national team duty, etc happens. Smile

gnarly
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:31 pm

Charney also did extensive time with YNT's - some of it teaming up with Danielle. so that gives us a starting team, I guess. Razz

But I think it's fair to assume at least a couple of the incoming players will get some good time. I saw Kendall play a couple of times. She was just named to Rise Magazine's prep soccer first team and I think you will see a lot of her., possibly sharing time in the middle. She very skilled and , um, assertive. I see that she has also been named a finalist for the Oregon prep athlete of the year.

I haven't seen the others, but I trust all will be able t contribute. Garrett has very seldom brought players in who couldn't, other that perhaps because of injury.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by fan from afar Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:14 am

Including everyone mentioned, that is twelve starters - Foxhoven, Sophie, Burke, Winters, Enyeart, Kendra, Jessica, Ellie, Olivier, Cloee, McCluskie, and Kelsey. Nice problem to have, plus it also leaves a few of this years' starters and the incoming freshmen on the bench. I suspect our bench could compete with some teams.

I may have to get out there more than once this fall. This could be fun.
fan from afar
fan from afar
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by GUPhantom Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:54 pm

Yes! Definitely! I can't wait! It's a special special group of players! The 2009 season is highly anticpated...and it's just January for God's sake! Can you feel the excitment already though? I'm giddy! Hell...Even "Carnak the Magnificent " should be able to predict the what awaits the Pilots! The answer to the question is..."3rd National Title"!

Carnak the Magnificent

GO PILOTS!!!
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Back to top Go down