Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WCC Home Opener, Thursday, 8pm vs. USF

+8
mattywizz
Rochin54
Geezaldinho
PurplePrideTrumpet
DaTruRochin
Rob's Jacket
Stonehouse
PilotNut
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WCC Home Opener, Thursday, 8pm vs. USF - Page 2 Empty Re: WCC Home Opener, Thursday, 8pm vs. USF

Post by IronLions Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:49 am

Nice win Pilots.
IronLions
IronLions
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Back to top Go down

WCC Home Opener, Thursday, 8pm vs. USF - Page 2 Empty Re: WCC Home Opener, Thursday, 8pm vs. USF

Post by Guest Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:34 pm

I watched my DVR'ed copy of the game later, and neither I nor the announcers could see Robin's "foul" at the end. It must have been pretty subtle. Looked to me like two guys bumping for the same space; pretty normal. But the USF player got upset and pushed. Robin did not retaliate at all that I could see. Perhaps he deserved a foul, but not the technical.
Rules

We saw Big John Hegarty on the bench in street clothes, but it looked like he had a stiff knee. Walked a little gimpy. No

And Drummer, you also got quite a bit of face time on the broadcast near the end. Next time look at the camera and smile! Smile

I can't be at the SCU game, so I need you folks to take up the slack yelling at the refs for me. Thanks.
We are the U of P!

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:13 pm

up7587 wrote:And Drummer, you also got quite a bit of face time on the broadcast near the end. Next time look at the camera and smile! Smile
HAHAHAHA, I knew they were somewhere over there, didn't realize they were actually filming me! That must have been during those back-to-back 30-second time outs at the end. Next time, sunglasses...

Got a screencap/video? I never get to see myself on TV...
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 509
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:11 pm

Purplegeezer wrote:

The double foul with 30 seconds left- Robin threw a forearm, the other guy retaliated. At first the ref called two technicals, but I think Robin's got changed to a personal. It must have, or we would have kept the ball.(unless he got a personal AND a technical - I lost track of his fouls).
The play-by-play in the box score has a foul by Smeulders at 27 seconds and technicals on each team at the same time. On a double foul the ball goes to the point of interruption (POI), which is basically whatever was happening when the double foul occurred. In this case the POI was a personal foul on Portland, so USF gets the ball. Another example: Think back to the UW game when Smeulders and Brockman got technicals. In this case the POI was a held ball, so it would go to whoever had the AP arrow.

Also, I like to go about my business like the camera's not even there.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:20 pm

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:

Also, I like to go about my business like the camera's not even there.

If only I had the same composure, I inexplicably become a stereotype flashing the #1, when clearly.... Sigh, I would never make it on reality TV
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:05 pm

Game highlights from UP: Click Here!

Its a big file, so it may take some time to download...

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by navigator Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:19 pm

Well Stohl didn't get 40 or 50 but it was good enough!
BJ's fall was just awful to watch. It looked like his head just bounce off the floor. I liked the play when Ethan was doubled down low and he had the presence to find Jared on the weak side for a trey. Hopefully this will open up the paint for Saturday.
Kramer must have some sort of limitation, cause he has had a few opportunites to slam it home and just lays it up. Does anyone have knowledge on this? Bad knees maybe?
navigator
navigator
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:40 pm

Having 8 straight games of outrebounding our opponents and shooting 55% for the game is really encouraging...

What was the attendance?
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:47 pm

Listed as 1900+. Seems kind of low, but it's a weeknight. I wasn't there but it sounds like the students made a good showing (for most of the game).
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by navigator Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:15 pm

I know Stohl's last game really boosted his stats, but just looking at the only 35-40 players in the nation that can boast a 3.0 average 3 pt/gm he is around the top 10 in percentage.

Out of the top 15 of those in the %, his avg shot attempts/gm is in lowest range 6.9.

He also has one of the lowest min/gm.
Nothing official just looking at all the conferences provided by rivals.com.
I was obviously bored this morning.
navigator
navigator
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:46 pm

Ha ha... great minds think alike! Smile I was doing that this morning too. If you look at the NCAAs official stats, Jared's nine threes was tied for the third highest single-game mark in the country (two guys had 10), and he's top 30 in 3 pointers made per game.

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/ncaa-m-baskbl-stats-index.html

If you look at the WCC stats, he's #1 in makes and attempts, and #3 in percentage:

http://wccsports.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2008-2009/confldrs.html
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2