Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bowl Season - what will you watch?

+5
DaTruRochin
Geezaldinho
Stonehouse
mattywizz
Rochin54
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bowl Season - what will you watch? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bowl Season - what will you watch?

Post by Auto Pilot Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:11 pm

Ted Tollner haha. There is a name that will live on in imfamy. I was looking at the schedules of OU and UF and both lost 1 game in during the season. Neither was a clear cut favorite for the National Championship.

California/West Coast got gyped again. I guess USC screwed up their season by losing to Oregon State. Good for OSU. Now what to do about those boys in powder blue across town. The recruiting void left by SC will not be overcome in my lifetime I suppose.
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Bowl Season - what will you watch? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bowl Season - what will you watch?

Post by Guest Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:18 pm

It is hard to understand why a road loss to OSU is a 'bad' loss, but a home loss to Ole Miss is a 'good' loss. And we'll see how strong the Big-12 really is. Texas Tech lost today, following OK State's loss to Ducks. Texas plays Ohio St; of course the Big-10 has lost all but one bowl game so far, so that may not be a good measure. But if Florida rolls OK, then I'd have to say the Big-12 built up gaudy reputations by playing out-of-conference cupcakes and weak in-conference defenses. We'll see next week.

There have been some good games this year, fun to watch. cheers

Back to top Go down

Bowl Season - what will you watch? - Page 2 Empty Happy Start to the Year

Post by PilotNut Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:48 pm

Utes 31, Tide 17 Very Happy Cool cheers Very Happy Cool cheers
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Auto Pilot Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:58 pm

The Cotton Bowl will be moving to the new Cowboys Stadium in Arlington Texas. So i am guess the old "Cotton Bowl stadium will go begging for a name. Here is a tid bit for Geez. The new Cowboy stadium will have a video supergraphic screen that is not 60 inches but sixty yards! across the field from the 20 yard line to the opposite 20 yard line. If you end up on the wrong side of the field I guess you could end up looking over your shoulder alot for a close up.
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:49 pm

Hmm, Geez might have to increase his donation for the video screen at Merlo...

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:42 am

I won a pint of beer when Utah more than covered the spread against Alabama. Razz
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:42 pm

Fiesta Bowl, close game with last second victory. I didn't have a real rooting interest, but I came up with some reasons why it is OK Texas won:
1. UT band wears cowboys hats, and no feathers.
2. Live mascots are good, and if they weigh over 1000# and drool, really cool.
3. Colt is a great name for a QB.
4. Mack is a good name for a coach.
5. What is a Buckeye, anyway?

Getting down to the end of the bowl season. So who do you like, the Florida Gators or the Oklahoma Sooners?

Last edited by up7587 on Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

Back to top Go down

Post by Auto Pilot Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:26 pm

Just for fun I am going to play devil's advocate

1. Cowboy hats used for anthing but their intended purpose are the sure sign of a poser

2. That Mascot gored someone a few years ago.

3. Colt is a trendy name for parents who really really want their son to have a cool sounding football name. Have you ever heard of a doctor named Colt?

4. Mack is a truck name.

5. Oddly enough a buckeye is a type of chicken.

I like Florida just because the fans are more tolerable than the OU fans.

Again this was just for sport. Enjoy the football marathon. Its over on Thursday.
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:02 pm

ha ha, your #2 is a plus for me. Of course I root for the bulls when I watch bull riding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXCZ314q4Zo

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:06 pm

Oh look, it's THE(Rolling Eyes) Ohio State losing another BCS game. But for variety, this one was close and to a Big 12 team.

As far as the UT band goes, if you're gonna go for the cowboy look, go all out. The fringe on the burnt orange jackets adds a classy touch, and the bolo tie really pulls together the ensemble. And how cool was their Led Zeppelin halftime show?

I guess I like Florida tomorrow because Gators are cool animals. And the OU fight song has a grand total of two words in the first verse.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:53 pm

What is UF's fight song? I immediately can call to mind Boomer Sooner; probably from watching them play Nebraska with their triple option all those years ago. Never did understand what it meant. confused

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2