Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nevada

+10
PilotDrummer
DTLegend
mattywizz
DaTruRochin
PilotNut
Stonehouse
Geezaldinho
75Zag
MesaPilot1
PurplePrideTrumpet
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nevada - Page 2 Empty Re: Nevada

Post by IronLions Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:59 pm

Very nice wins over UW and Neveda this season Pilots. I'm really happy to see you guys having a great start.
IronLions
IronLions
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:03 pm

Video highlights of the game are now posted on the Pilots web site: Video Highlights
bounce
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:07 am

Thanks for the heads up on the video. Wow that picture is good. Is that what you guys see on Comcast up in the Northwest? Are is that just a school production? What I would give to see the game like that. As it is ESPN games are usually the only ones we get, but I like the color comentator Stephan Bardo. He's like Tom (our guy) low key and informative with a good sense of humor.....I get tired of Dick Vitale's yelling sometimes, bless his heart, even though he's done very much to popularize College BB.

I hope if Ethan No is hurt Stohl or Sikma get the start, that would be nice, even though we really need Ethan for the "toughness" he brings.

Mesa Pilot1

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:14 am

Those video highlights, if I understand it correctly, are a seperate production that is hired by the U to just provide highlights; those are not from any TV broadcast... but agreed that the video quality is excellent.

Mesa--You really should try to find the Comcast channel (find a bar with a dish/sports package!); a bunch of our games will be broadcast this year, including several road games...

Go Pilots!
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:15 am

It looks like Campbell and Raivio's three point shooting really bailed us out since we were so horrible from the free throw line. Nevada seems a little over-rated this year to me considering how many players have been lost from their teams recently. None of the guys who were on the teams that upset Gonzaga or made cinderalla runs through the tournament are left...but, all we can do is beat the teams on our schedule and let the rest take care of itself. We did that.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:30 am

Yeah, Nevada has struggled so far this year. BUT... they were missing their leading returning scorer to injury and some other players to suspensions... the game against UP was the first one they'd played all year at full strength.

I think they will be one of the top teams in the WAC and that this will look like a very nice win at the end of the year. Ditto for Washington... they will be middle-of-the-pack Pac-10 (maybe even top 3-4 if teams like Cal, Arizona, and Stanford really struggle).
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by MaizeBluePurple Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:20 pm

For the entire first half our inside/big game was the only game. We could not buy shots from the outside, and our guards shots kept rolling out when they would try to drive. It is never good to look at the score sheet and see half of your points coming from 1 player and you are most of the way through the first half.

As for when we had our 2 PGs in there, we may have had fewer turnovers but we did not score a basket for what seemed like 5 min during that time (I don't know the exact duration).

With both of those it was great to see us play really well at the start of the 2nd half and not give the win away. Both good signs
MaizeBluePurple
MaizeBluePurple
***PilotFans Donor***
***PilotFans Donor***

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:24 pm

Stonehouse wrote:Yeah, Nevada has struggled so far this year. BUT... they were missing their leading returning scorer to injury and some other players to suspensions... the game against UP was the first one they'd played all year at full strength.

I think they will be one of the top teams in the WAC and that this will look like a very nice win at the end of the year. Ditto for Washington... they will be middle-of-the-pack Pac-10 (maybe even top 3-4 if teams like Cal, Arizona, and Stanford really struggle).

I love our team, and at the same time I think our strength of schedule next year will be much stronger than this year, especially with that tourney that was recently added if we can win a game or two in it. I just think that Marcelus Kemp, Nick Fazekus, and Kirk Snyder were the guys who made Nevada tick. Now that Kemp is gone, it's a completely different and much younger team...

UW still only has one impressive victory over Pacific. I don't think there's any way they finish in the top 3-4 teams in the Pac-10. They were the worst free throw shooting team in the nation a year ago, and they haven't really improved much in that area at all this year. They have no new shooters since Appleby left. I see Arizona State as the surprise (if you can call it that) team of the Pac-10 this year. They should have gone to the tourney instead of Arizona last year... I admit that I'm a fan of Jamelle McMillan, Nate's son.

All that being said, I can't complain. I like our team.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2