Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Former Pilot Sightings

+14
fan from afar
SoreKnees
Poopdeck Pappy
GUPhantom
Auto Pilot
mattywizz
FANatic
DaTruRochin
Stonehouse
onetouchfutbol
A_Fan
KFTC
Geezaldinho
PilotDrummer
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Former Pilot Sightings - Page 2 Empty Re: Former Pilot Sightings

Post by fan from afar Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:38 pm

Wow!! Thanks for the posts. I wish I had been a Pilots fan then.
fan from afar
fan from afar
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:48 pm

Brings tears to the eyes.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:52 pm

A_Fan,

Same reaction here, when Clive talks about Tiff playing at Portland when it wasn't cool to play at Portland, wow... I was a casual fan in 2002, wish I had been a fan like I am now...
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by eProf Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:24 pm

GUPhantom wrote:Anyone see Kristen Moore? Was she there to see her sister Kasey play? Does Blood come before Purple in this case? Wink

GO PILOTS!!!

Yes, I talked with Kristen Moore at both the UT/WSU game and at the UT/UP game. Couldn't resist telling her that she was wearing the wrong colors (burnt orange) at Sunday's game, to which she replied that it was the "right color for today".

Can't blame Kristen for cheering for little sis. She must have been thrilled when they announced the pairings, as she still lives in North Portland.
eProf
eProf
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Poopdeck Pappy Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:53 pm

Thanks for the video, KFTC. It brings back beautiful memories!!
Poopdeck Pappy
Poopdeck Pappy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by purple haze Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:05 pm

No matter when you became a Pilots fan, remember this: 2008 is the yesterday we'll remember fondly some tomorrow. Highlights are still in the making!
purple haze
purple haze
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 749
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by GUPhantom Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:56 pm

Thanks eProf!

Kristen Moore will forever be my family's favorite Pilot! I'm a UP alum...but had only infrequently returned on campus. It was Kristen who turned me into a Pilot Soccer Fan!

When my daughter was young and in her first year of playing soccer...I started taking her to Merlo to watch some games. Back then, it was easy to approach the players! You'd just stand outside the locker rooms and wait for them to come out. There was no assembly line to get autographs back then. Anyway, my daughter was a shy one...she wouldn't ask for autographs herself. She'd just stand in the background with other kids and wait patiently to be noticed.

Well...it was Kristen who noticed! And even gave her a special treat. She asked if my daughter wanted more autographs? My daughter was shocked and could only nod yes...and so...Kristen took her by the hand and led her back into the locker room! What was funny (to me at least)...was when Kristen stopped Lindsey Huie in the back hallway and told her not to leave before signing! Of all the Pilots...Queenie was the most intimidating for my daughter! But of course...she learned that Lindsey also one of the sweetest persons....off the pitch!! Anyway...my daughter returned with a treasure trove of souvenirs and memories!

The thing that clenched the deal for me was when they came back out afterwards...Kristen's Mom...took a picture of the 2 together....and then Mrs Moore....hunted me down the following week to give me a copy of the picture! I tell you...we were flabberghasted! What a clencher, huh? Well...that's my story on how we became Pilot Soccer fans! And the thing is...the players continue to carry on this type of involvement and interaction with its fans. I'm sure there are many more personal storys just like ours! I frequently hear of them. Gotta love the players, team and the program! How can anyone not root, get involved and support them? I wish I ran into Kristen last weekend....to thank her!!

BTW...I last heard Kristen was a teacher! Figures.... Very Happy

GO PILOTS!!!
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by eProf Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:21 pm

Kristen (Rogers) Taylor was at the JMU game. She was in the bench area during warmup, and got a big hug from Lauren (Orlandos) Hanson when Lauren recognized her walking on the field. I wouldn't be surprised if Kristen sat on the bench during the game. (If she didn't have a ticket, it would be the only place to sit!)

I have a story to tell about Kristen Rogers when she played here. This was back before they gated off the corner of the stadium where the players left the field. It was not uncommon for fans to stand around the concrete area near that corner of the field to get autographs or to tell a player "good game". At any rate, I was there because I wanted to talk to one player or another, and happened to be standing next to a girl who was perhaps eight years old. This girl told me that she was waiting for Kristen because "we email each other." Apparently Kristen had taken it upon herself to become email buddies with this girl. What a thrill it must have been for this girl to have a Pilot soccer player take such a personal interest in her!
eProf
eProf
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by GUPhantom Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:21 am

Ahhh shoot! Missed her again! At the JMU game...I was sitting with my son at the endzone. My wife and daughter had a great view and best chance to see Kristen....as they had the season ticket seats in Section B. I'm surprised. She didn't mention seeing Kristen. My daughter was 10 when she first met Kristen....but would've recognized her. I'm sure she would've been excited meet Kristen again if she knew she was visiting the team during warmups.

Another wonderful player I saw recently was Imani Dorsey. Gosh..I forgot how tall she was! Anyway...she was at the SCU game and even joined the team during their post-game huddle.

GO PILOTS!!!
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by GUPhantom Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:42 am

Opps...wrong Kristen! Thanks eProf...for pointing out it was Kristen Rogers...not Kristen Moore...who was with the team during warmups for the JMU match! No wonder my daughter didn't report seeing her favorite Pilot! Embarassed
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:48 pm

GUPhantom wrote:Another wonderful player I saw recently was Imani Dorsey. Gosh..I forgot how tall she was! Anyway...she was at the SCU game and even joined the team during their post-game huddle.

Imani's dad Earl and her brother also were at the game. Imani is scheduled to be at the combine in mid-December for potential WSL players. I wonder if she's practicing with the Pilots.

Earl was sitting nearby to us at the Championship game against UCLA in College Station. After one goal, he was really nervous. After two, he was really nervous: he wanted just one more goal. After the third goal, he said we all could relax. There was no way anyone was coming back from a 3-0 deficit against that Pilots team.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2