Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilot Nation Mentioned in UP Sports Marketing Blast

+2
PilotNut
aleppiek
6 posters

Go down

Pilot Nation Mentioned in UP Sports Marketing Blast Empty Pilot Nation Mentioned in UP Sports Marketing Blast

Post by aleppiek Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:19 am

Hey guys just got an email from Tricia Miller, or rather a bulk blast that included the following.

"Pilots Featured Online!

University of Portland junior goalkeeper Kelsey Davis will chronicle the 2008 season through her eyes as she provides content for an NCAA Student-Athlete Blog on ncaa.com. The direct link for Davis’ blog is http://blogs.ncaa.com/kelsey_davis/

Hear what everyone’s talking about! Get in the know and connect with other Pilot fans and WCC comrades on WWW.PILOTNATION.NET."

Fantastic Publicity hope this helps to get more users!
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Pilot Nation Mentioned in UP Sports Marketing Blast Empty Re: Pilot Nation Mentioned in UP Sports Marketing Blast

Post by PilotNut Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:57 am

Tricia has included us a couple times-- Thanks to her!

There is also a posting on the UP Alumni Network about us.... and I have been considering something on Facebook/Myspace etc... do you guys use Facebook or Myspace?!

There are a couple other things in the works that should REALLY get the word out... keep an eye out! Shocked

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Pilot Nation Mentioned in UP Sports Marketing Blast Empty Re: Pilot Nation Mentioned in UP Sports Marketing Blast

Post by aleppiek Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:05 pm

Very nice, glad to hear it... I use Facebook but not Myspace.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:31 pm

If you had a mug like mine you wouldn't use facebook either.

It would be nice to get some folks from the other WCC schools here for their opinions. There are only a couple of folks who weigh in on anything like a regular basis. Perhaps when roundball season starts.... bounce
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:52 pm

I have both Facebook and MySpace, but I rarely use my MySpace account for anything anymore. That was so 2005. Smile

We could easily set up a page on Facebook, but I'm not entirely sure what we would do with it... might be an easy way to reach out to current students and young alums.

As for other WCC posters... that's a tough one. There really are only a few people who cross-post on the other forums. Dons Central probably has the most WCC action, though there is a WCC board on the Zag forum as well. But pretty much whatever talk there is revolves around basketball.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:12 pm

Stonehouse if you set up the Facebook group I will obviously join... As long as you make me an officer....
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:55 pm

Maybe you could get Matt Wiege to join the facebook group.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:04 pm

Haha... we could only hope to be so lucky...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down