Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KENDALL JOHNSON'S A PILOT!!!

4 posters

Go down

KENDALL JOHNSON'S A PILOT!!! Empty KENDALL JOHNSON'S A PILOT!!!

Post by FANatic Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:19 pm

Thanks to UPSoccerFanatic's website tip on 2009 and 2010 women's soccer verbal college commitments, I see that Kendall Johnson, the 2007 big school P.O.Y. for Oregon who plays for State Champion Lincoln High School, has verballed to play for the Pilots starting in 2009! (BTW, UPSF, I have that website icon on my desktop and have been checking it quite regularly, thank you!) Cool

2009 Recruits

Too tired to say much more, only that we now have four 2009 verbals: Kendall Johnson and Taylor Brooke from the Portland Oregon area, and Cloee Colohan and Lindsi Lisonbee, both from Utah. How's that? 50% local, 50% out of state!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Also, Courtney Verloo's name is on the website, but no commit listed yet.
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

KENDALL JOHNSON'S A PILOT!!! Empty Re: KENDALL JOHNSON'S A PILOT!!!

Post by wrv Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:53 am

Great news but is it possible that the commitments we have received provide some indication that the most sought after of the '09 group, Verloo, is likely to go elsewhere?

Kendall Johnson had plenty of opportunity to head elsewhere: it is good to see more local talent staying put.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:10 am

Great work FANatic. Good to know you have that website "desktopped." It seems to be a pretty good source and the guy who runs it tries to tie down his information to good evidence. (Did I just coin a new verb, "to desktop," or has someone else already done that?)
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Post by UPWomenSoccerRookie Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:10 pm

Well, based on this recent declaration of intention by Kendall, maybe that WAS her at the WSU scrimmage. I had seen her three times on the soccer field with her hair in a pony tail. So quite possibly I didn’t recognize her with her hair down and in street garb.

I used to have the same problem with Kari Evans. I could recognize her on the field, but not if I saw her away from the field.

This also happened recently with basketballer JJ Hones, formerly of Southridge & now of Stanford. I had seen her numerous times on the court over her 4 years of high school, but ALWAYS with her hair in a pony tail. Then Sunday, after Stanford beat UConn in the NCAA semis, the news story had a link to her page on the Stanford site. I didn’t recognize her with lots of fluffy hair and a tad of makeup, even though I had seen her more than 20 times on the court.

UPWomenSoccerRookie
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down