Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SMC takes down the Zags

4 posters

Go down

SMC takes down the Zags Empty SMC takes down the Zags

Post by Rob's Jacket Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:40 pm

Three Bulldogs foul out and the Gaels pull out an 89-85 win in OT. If you're looking for some entertainment, go to any one of the numerous Zag message boards and read about how terrible the officiating was. Best comment I found was on ESPN where someone mentioned that the WCC was just trying to get the Gaels the win for their tourney resumé. Very Happy

Karma? Anyone? Cool

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

SMC takes down the Zags Empty Re: SMC takes down the Zags

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:43 pm

The karma is still coming back from the Tournament game in Spokane where LMU lost on a missed layup at the buzzer.

Now THAT was bad officiating. Talk about getting homered...

Zags need to look in the mirror.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11823
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:09 pm

You said it Geezer... I definitely see that game as karma coming back to bite the Zags after getting so so many calls over the past several years.

But having said that... no doubt about it, there were some TERRIBLE calls in that game. I'm not sure if any of them really swung the game over to the Gaels, but they definitely didn't help the Zag cause.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:18 pm

I have to admit, I didn't see the game, but looking at the box score . . . anytime there's a free throw disparity that severe, I have to think the officiating was a bit one-sided.

That being said . . .

The rest of the conference has been putting up with that same kind of thing every time we've played the Zags for the last ten years. I seem to recall a game a few years ago when GU shot 39 free throws compared to UP's 12. Suffice it to say that I've got no sympathy whatsoever for the Zags' situation.

Razz

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 875

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:39 pm

Dionnfan wrote:The rest of the conference has been putting up with that same kind of thing every time we've played the Zags for the last ten years. I seem to recall a game a few years ago when GU shot 39 free throws compared to UP's 12. Suffice it to say that I've got no sympathy whatsoever for the Zags' situation. Razz

Couldn't have said it any better myself, Dionnfan. There's no denying that there were some bad calls, but there's also no denying that this is the first time in a looooong time that I can remember the Zags as the ones who got screwed by the refs.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:16 pm

Like a wise man once said on here: Zag fans are funny Very Happy . It's a pity, really: First the Kennel gets overrun with WSU fans who had the gall to cheer for the Cougars, and now the WCC itself is against them. Tough year for them, no doubt.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down