Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most Influential?

2 posters

Go down

default Most Influential?

Post by up7587 Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:57 pm

One man's opinion ranks Scott Leykam at #24 in most influential sports person in Oregon for 2021.

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/john_canzano/2021/08/canzano-25-most-influential-people-in-oregon-sports-2021.html

There is another person with Pilot connections higher on the list.

up7587
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2021-06-10

Back to top Go down

default Re: Most Influential?

Post by StudentPilot Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:47 pm

up7587 wrote:One man's opinion ranks Scott Leykam at #24 in most influential sports person in Oregon for 2021.  
I agree that Scott  should be "tasked with keeping UP relevant and vibrant amid a tumultuous NCAA landscape," but it seems outdated to have such a subjective Top-25 list...kind of like a beauty contest.

A UO defensive back is the 11th most influential person in Oregon sports this year?
StudentPilot
StudentPilot
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2016-10-20

Back to top Go down

default Re: Most Influential?

Post by up7587 Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:30 am

StudentPilot wrote:
up7587 wrote:One man's opinion ranks Scott Leykam at #24 in most influential sports person in Oregon for 2021.  
I agree that Scott  should be "tasked with keeping UP relevant and vibrant amid a tumultuous NCAA landscape," but it seems outdated to have such a subjective Top-25 list...kind of like a beauty contest.

A UO defensive back is the 11th most influential person in Oregon sports this year?

Actually he's a defensive lineman, maybe the best college player in the country.

I also found it interesting that a university president was on the list.  And I got a note that UP hopes to have a president in place by July, 2022? Seems like a very slow process.  Are they waiting for someone particular to become available?

up7587
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2021-06-10

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum