Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2026 Recruiting

3 posters

Go down

2026 Recruiting Empty 2026 Recruiting

Post by StudentPilot Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:49 am

Spokesman-Review wrote:Salk Middle School student Dylynn Groves, 12, receives basketball scholarship offer from University of Portland
I know this is old news for some, but based upon UP's current recruiting strategy (bring 'em young) I thought it appropriate to start this thread.
Spokesman-Review wrote:He’s 12 and already garnering Division I interest.

Salk Middle School student Dylynn Groves has received a scholarship offer from the University of Portland, a program led by former Eastern Washington head coach Shantay Legans.

Legans, who left EWU for Portland last week after leading the Eagles to the NCAA Tournament, has shown interest in the 5-foot-10 guard since last year, his family confirmed.
2026 Recruiting Dylynn10

Hey, at least he is wearing purple socks.... Rolling Eyes
StudentPilot
StudentPilot
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2016-10-20

Back to top Go down

2026 Recruiting Empty Re: 2026 Recruiting

Post by DoubleDipper Thu May 16, 2024 8:41 am

Some may have noticed the recent offering of a scholarship to Ethan Harris, a 6-8 sophomore at Camas High School.

But what some might not know is Ethan's parents, Jason and Carla (Idsinga) Harris both played basketball at UP in the 90s.

Their daughter, Addison, recently signed with Montana St. after her Camas HS team won the state championship just like her mom did at Battle Ground HS before signing with UP and playing 82 games on The Bluff.

Jason, who has been a member of the Portland Police force since graduating from UP, played in 57 games in his two years at UP, and of course that is where the two met.

2026 Recruiting Harris10

2026 Recruiting Ethan10

All those tattoos on the defender fouling Ethan makes him appear to be an NBA player...Razz
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11391
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 Thu May 16, 2024 1:59 pm

Haha. I knew those old media guides I never threw away would come in handy some day. Jason Harris played from 1993-1995, the last year of Larry Steele and the first year of Rob Chavez. He played alongside Ray Ross and Canaan Chatman, Matt Houle and Kasey Flicker, Curt Ranta, Chivo Anderson, Greg Klosterman, Sharif Metoyer and Dionn Holton, among others. The assistant coaches included Jim Shaw and Michael Holton.

A 6'7" forward, Jason came to UP from Bellarmine Prep in San Jose and West Valley JC in Saratoga CA. He majored in Criminal Justice.

up7587
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2021-06-10

DoubleDipper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:59 pm

Caden Symons wrote:I am so grateful to have received an offer from @PortlandMBB thank you to @CoachLegans and your coaching staff for believing in me and giving me my first offer

6'4" PG Coeur d'Alene HS

2026 Recruiting GSECZeCaUBIPaah?format=jpg&name=small

up7587
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2021-06-10

Back to top Go down