Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jackson State vs. UP Thursday 12/19 @ 7:30

+4
Geezaldinho
ExpatPilot
Bcary91
StudentPilot
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jackson State vs. UP Thursday 12/19 @ 7:30 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jackson State vs. UP Thursday 12/19 @ 7:30

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:20 pm

I guess they could "celebrate" (flexing, the bench dancing, keys, etc.) since it was their first win over a D1 school this year, but it rubbed me the wrong way.  I would hope that if the Pilots ever have a dominating upset win, they at least act like they've been there before, even if they haven't.

Back to top Go down

Jackson State vs. UP Thursday 12/19 @ 7:30 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jackson State vs. UP Thursday 12/19 @ 7:30

Post by bobtcat2 Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:24 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:
bobtcat2 wrote:Realtimerpi now shows Pilots 1-15 in WCC.  Wonder if KenPom says the same.
Yup, KenPom is predicting UP's only win the rest of the season will be at home against LMU by 1 point.  Rolling Eyes

(LMU lost at home to PSU last night...apparently the Lions weren't quite ready for the helter skelter Vikings, as PSU ran out to a 51-29 halftime lead.)
Ugh. It would really be something if they lost all 16. Seems like they'll grab 1 or 2, but hard to see more than 2. That was some bad ball against Jackson State.

bobtcat2
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2017-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:10 am

FloridaPilot wrote: No one for the Tigers embodied their spirit more so than whichever staffer was behind the bench celebrating and jingling the keys at the end. He was quite entertaining and I enjoyed it, honestly!
I really enjoyed the "electricity" on the Tigers' bench...the dancing and flexing was great, and the cheering-on of their teammates throughout the game was something I would love to see the Pilots do, but I'm guessing UP is just too "NBA cool" for that kind of behavior.

What I did not like was the jingling of the keys directed at the Pilot players by a fan/parent/supporter in the final minute (I'm quite sure it was not someone on the JSTU staff).  It really showed that individual's ignorance of UP and its students, but if it had happened at my high school during a basketball game it would have brought on an immediate beat-down as soon as Mr. Jingles exited the gym...

I did wander over to that side of Chiles after the game to talk to the individual, but instead had a chance to chat with two of the JSTU players (#4 and #11) while the team was dancing and yelling its way to the locker room, and both couldn't have been more gracious in their acceptance of my compliments of their play and their support from the bench.  They told me "it was the best we've played all season...and it was fun!"
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11391
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:05 pm

Remember the Jackson State team, who were either electric or disrespectful? They ended their season with a feel good story.
https://www.sunnyskyz.com/happy-videos/8991/Jackson-State-Manager-039-Snacks-039-Drains-A-Three-In-First-Career-Game

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2