Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilots Give

4 posters

Go down

Pilots Give Empty Pilots Give

Post by PilotNut Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:15 pm

Wednesday 4/3/19 noon through Thursday 4/4/19 noon is the second annual Pilots Give campaign!  There have been loads and loads of emails, social media posts and direct mail reminders sent out by the U on this, so I hope you have already heard of this or remember this event from last year.  I post this here as a reminder to please consider joining in on the fun with a donation.  Exclamation  

I am not going to re-hash the details on PN as I hope you have heard about this otherwise, but the link to the special website is here if you would like to read more and/or donate:  Pilots Give

Pilots Give 2019-s11

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Pilots Give Empty Re: Pilots Give

Post by ExpatPilot Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:18 pm

It's early in this year's edition of Pilots Give, but I noticed something interesting...

The women's lacrosse club has raised about $2,296 which is giving some of the varsity athletics teams a run from their money. Might there be an appetite for a varsity squad? I know several nearby schools with programs, so it's not like there is no one to play: Arizona State, Cal, Colorado, Denver, Oregon, San Diego State, Stanford, UC-Davis, and USC.

ExpatPilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 776
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by StudentPilot Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:03 pm

FloridaPilot wrote:The women's lacrosse club has raised about $2,296 which is giving some of the varsity athletics teams a run from their money. Might there be an appetite for a varsity squad?
Who knew, but the UP Lacrosse team is ranked 6th in the nation while experiencing unprecedented success in the Northwest Women’s Lacrosse League. This weekend, with a bid to nationals on the line, they carry the top seed into the four-team regional tournament held at Gonzaga.

The team is led by a young woman who will be commissioned a second lieutenant in the Army three weeks from today and will be heading to helicopter pilot training in Alabama.  

https://www.columbian.com/news/2022/apr/08/from-up-pilot-to-military-pilot-vancouvers-mikhenna-miller-enjoys-the-ride-with-university-of-portland-womens-lacrosse/
StudentPilot
StudentPilot
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2016-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:15 pm

StudentPilot wrote:The team is led by a young woman who will be commissioned a second lieutenant in the Army three weeks from today and will be heading to helicopter pilot training in Alabama.  
I will be having dinner with the young lady mentioned in the article this coming Thursday and was fortunate enough to dine with another member of the team, a senior nurse, last week.

The nurses will be pinned and the ROTC cadets will be commissioned as second lieutenants this coming Saturday and they will graduate on Sunday before heading to Austin for the finals soon after.

https://www.upbeacon.com/article/2022/04/womens-club-lacrosse-is-bound-for-nationals
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11095
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down