Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ticket question WCC Championships in vegas

5 posters

Go down

Ticket question WCC Championships in vegas Empty Ticket question WCC Championships in vegas

Post by giancarlo Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:41 am

Hi,

I'm an old Gael, class of '78 looking for 2 tickets for the tourney in Vegas. Specifically I'm interested in games on Friday and Saturday. I've been to the tourney many times but this year it's been hard getting tickets.

If interested, please send me an email.

Thanks and good luck to the Pilots!

Best regards,

Matt

giancarlo
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-02-23

Back to top Go down

Ticket question WCC Championships in vegas Empty Re: Ticket question WCC Championships in vegas

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:26 am

1.  Write or call the ticket offices of all 10 schools until you find one that has "unclaimed" tickets.  I've done this before, and found St. Mary's had a number of tickets available.

2.  Go online to one of the "ticket brokers," but expect to pay a "premium" price....except for the Friday games.

3.  Best advice: Just show up at the Orleans Arena and find a "scalper" selling tickets.  I know a number of fans who do this, and find it the most convenient because you can purchase individual session tickets for less than you have to pay for the all-session tickets you would have to purchase from the schools.

Tickets to Friday should be no problem...but anytime GU or BYU are playing, expect to pay higher than face value until the last minute when prices drop to a more reasonable price.

Good luck!
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Ticket question WCC Championships in vegas Empty Re: Ticket question WCC Championships in vegas

Post by blacksheep Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:15 am

The last few years tickets have been available from the box office on game day. It's really put a crimp on the scalpers as they no longer limit the number of tickets like they used to.

I'm in the same boat as you as I didn't buy a package this year. I plan to find out what a ticket costs at the box office, then see if the scalpers are less.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by giancarlo Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:58 pm

Thanks to you both for your insight and help. I really appreciate it.
Maybe we will meet at the main bar at the orleans so I an buy you both a beer!
cheers,
Mat

giancarlo
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:47 pm

giancarlo wrote:Thanks to you both for your insight and help. I really appreciate it.
Maybe we will meet at the main bar at the orleans so I an buy you both a beer!
cheers,
Mat

There is a new bar at the Orleans with a good selection of micro brew. I'm not sure where it's at, but if I'm in a bar, that's the one I will be in!
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:17 pm

Do the micros come in buckets, too?

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:27 pm

PilotNut wrote:Do the micros come in buckets, too?

I'll bet there's a gimmick bucket with a tap on the bottom you can buy! Heck, I'll even give you 2 to 1 odds (might as well start my gambling before I get there).
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:07 pm

You guys are hardcore fans to still be going to Vegas this year. Hats off!

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:04 am

blacksheep wrote:
PilotNut wrote:Do the micros come in buckets, too?

I'll bet there's a gimmick bucket with a tap on the bottom you can buy!  Heck, I'll even give you 2 to 1 odds (might as well start my gambling before I get there).

Like you need a gimmick to consume the stuff....

And to NoPoNeighbor's point, this may need to be a whiskey event. Embarassed

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:58 am

Radio postgame mentioned that the Friday game is the late game, Nut. 8pm start time.

Back to top Go down