Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilots beat #11 BYU

4 posters

Go down

Pilots beat #11 BYU Empty Pilots beat #11 BYU

Post by PilotNut Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:10 pm

Congratulations to Coach Crouch and the UP volleyball program for one of, if not the biggest win in the program's history!  The Pilots beat #11 ranked BYU tonight at the Chiles Center 3-2!!   Cool  Cool  Cool   (25-22, 25-27, 25-22, 17-25, 15-9)

With the win, the Pilots improve to 4-3 in WCC play...  I encourage everyone to check out a match or a live stream...  this program is turning around, has become competitive in the tough WCC and are entertaining to watch.  

Things do not get easier, as #5 USD visits Chiles Center on Saturday at 1pm. GO PILOTS!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Pilots beat #11 BYU Empty Re: Pilots beat #11 BYU

Post by eProf Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:03 am

It was a fabulous match--and no fluke. It was hotly contested and very evenly played. Three things stood out to me about the Pilots' play:

• Their blocking was amazing. I was sitting near a BYU fan who asked me "Is their blocking always this good?"
  • Reghan Pukis' hitting was on fire.
  • Serving: very few service errors, and quite a few aces--especially at key times in the match. The last five points of the match were off of serves from Hannah Troutman--two of which were aces.

It was also fun because BYU brought their normally large fan contingent, and there were many more Pilot fans in attendance than usual. There were more than 1,000 energetic fans at Chiles last night--I'd say, pretty evenly split.
eProf
eProf
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:31 am

Sorry I missed it. It is sure a big win for the team!
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaGorilla Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:41 am

What a massive win for the program.  And to think this team was winless, what, only a few years ago?  Talk about transformation.  So nice to have all FIVE fall Pilot programs looking good.
VillaGorilla
VillaGorilla
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by eProf Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:03 pm

Three years ago--when this year's seniors were frosh, the team went 0-27. Brent Crouch took over the next year. Four members of that team are still here--Markwith, Milovic, Sullivan and Gajda. What a difference for those players!
eProf
eProf
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down