Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season Opener

+3
wrv
PilotNut
Corrado Kid
7 posters

Go down

Season Opener  Empty Season Opener

Post by Corrado Kid Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:43 pm

What a big day of women's soccer! And I'm hopeful for strong Pilot effort tonight. The Huskies will provide a good test.

Corrado Kid
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2015-06-22

Back to top Go down

Season Opener  Empty Re: Season Opener

Post by PilotNut Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:19 pm

Is anyone able to watch the live stream? Im just getting a continual loop of commercials.... Sad

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by wrv Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:53 pm

Try going through the UW site. I too was unable to access through the Pilot website.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ExpatPilot Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:27 am

Didn't get the chance to watch, but I can't be upset at the result. What is the black patch on the jerseys this year?

ExpatPilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:49 am

SouthCarolinaPilot wrote:What is the black patch on the jerseys this year?
From a distance it appeared the patch read EMC.  

Earl M. Chiles, a longtime UP supporter, passed away in June at age 83.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11236
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by purple passion Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:04 pm

Obvious preseason crowd...only the tough (or crazy) ventured out in the heat. The ref called water timeout at the 25th minute and, I think, the 70th minute. I was happy with the outcome after the iffy penalty kick gave the Huskies a point. Exceptionally prepared and solid for the game were Hanna De Haan, Ellie Boon, Alyssa Edenstrom, Kimberly Hazlett (F), Lucy Davidson (F), Hannah Grifiths-Boston, Larkin Russell (F), Allison Wetherington, and Devlyn Jeter.
To be fair, UW played a roster of almost all Freshmen and Sophs, but were clearly outclassed by Portland - regardless of what the stats will show.
Next game won't be as hot, so more of the same control should be seen coming from this group of Pilots...I'm excited as to what they are capable of.
purple passion
purple passion
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:03 am

purple passion wrote:Obvious preseason crowd...only the tough (or crazy) ventured out in the heat.  The ref called water timeout at the 25th minute and, I think, the 70th minute.  I was happy with the outcome after the iffy penalty kick gave the Huskies a point.  Exceptionally prepared and solid for the game were Hanna De Haan, Ellie Boon, Alyssa Edenstrom, Kimberly Hazlett (F), Lucy Davidson (F), Hannah Grifiths-Boston, Larkin Russell (F), Allison Wetherington, and Devlyn Jeter.
   To be fair, UW played a roster of almost all Freshmen and Sophs, but were clearly outclassed by Portland - regardless of what the stats will show.
    Next game won't be as hot, so more of the same control should be seen coming from this group of Pilots...I'm excited as to what they are capable of.

The crowd was pretty good for being in advance of students arriving on campus -- 1,738 attendance (I believe includes all season ticket holders plus additional paid attendance). The water timeouts were per NCAA rule, with the exact timing of them left to the ref to decide so as to not unduly affect the flow of play.

I'd say that UW's players did ok, but seemed to lose their composure as the second half progressed, whereas the Pilots kept theirs. The Pilots are young, but they showed well. They need to take the next game very seriously. With the win over UW, they're ahead of expectations (which called for a tie), but they can't afford to let up even an iota for each next game they play. Sign-Danger
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down