Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WCC Play Begins - LMU Monday at 6/Pepperdine Wednesday at 6

+8
2002Pilot
run aground
NoPoNeighbor
ExpatPilot
Rochin54
PilotNut
Dean Murdoch
DoubleDipper
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

WCC Play Begins - LMU Monday at 6/Pepperdine Wednesday at 6 - Page 3 Empty Re: WCC Play Begins - LMU Monday at 6/Pepperdine Wednesday at 6

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:30 pm

It would seem part of the reason Bryce and Alec have been able to get to the hoop and score so well is because all the players are now a threat....so it makes little sense for the defenses to double-team anyone.

The guys are finding and accepting their roles as a TEAM.  It is often difficult to become a role player after being a star somewhere else, but the first-year players appear to be jelling and believing in Rev's system.

There will be losses down the road, and coming back from those losses will be the true test for this team.  But I believe the leadership of Bryce and Alec, the steadiness of Jason and Gabe, and the emergence of Ray, Jarrel, and Jazz will keep the team on course.

Three tough road games ahead against USF, SCU and GU, but when they come back home vs. USD on Jan 14, classes will be back in session and the students should rally behind a team the has the potential to be 4-1 upon their return.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

WCC Play Begins - LMU Monday at 6/Pepperdine Wednesday at 6 - Page 3 Empty Re: WCC Play Begins - LMU Monday at 6/Pepperdine Wednesday at 6

Post by Guest Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:03 pm

In case you didn't see it:

Back to top Go down

Post by wrv Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:10 am

From the Wave board an explanation of the win on Wednesday night:

"We kept coming at them, despite their uncanny ability to make a circus shot when needed to maintain their lead.”

I thought those were threes.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:10 am

wrv wrote:From the Wave board an explanation of the win on Wednesday night:

"We kept coming at them, despite their uncanny ability to make a circus shot when needed to maintain their lead.”

I saw that.  I thought the Pilots missed all their circus shots, but did a good job of running their offense and getting good looks.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:31 pm

cyclops
wrv wrote:From the Wave board an explanation of the win on Wednesday night:

I obviously don't know what the writer was referring to, but if it were me I too would be muttering about all the "circus shots" that Alec threw up under the basket with spin......and nearly all of them went in!!

Yea, if I'm the opponent I would be saying naughty words out loud, because face it, those were not shots you'd expect to be made with any regularity.....and they are the reason Alec scored a career best 34 just before Christmas.  santa
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3