Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We will be getting a New WCC commissioner

+2
blacksheep
Geezaldinho
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

default Re: We will be getting a New WCC commissioner

Post by DoubleDipper Tue May 24, 2022 5:01 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:I was hoping the headline, "We Will Be Getting a New WCC Commissioner," was true again.

I have not listened to the interview yet, but the commish has some explaining to do on why $$$$ she let teams (USF, BYU, SCU and GU) just take it upon themselves to cancel games or choose a different opponent this past season.
What??

Canzano was throwing lollipops on this one.  

For a guy who honestly supports women in sports, he could have asked some questions that would have given us some insight into the commissioner's strengths.

At least we now know the commissioner has a 90lbs. Dutch Shepard.  Rolling Eyes

We will be getting a New WCC commissioner - Page 2 Dutch_10

DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 10106
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

default Re: We will be getting a New WCC commissioner

Post by up7587 Tue May 24, 2022 5:09 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:
DoubleDipper wrote:I was hoping the headline, "We Will Be Getting a New WCC Commissioner," was true again.

I have not listened to the interview yet, but the commish has some explaining to do on why $$$$ she let teams (USF, BYU, SCU and GU) just take it upon themselves to cancel games or choose a different opponent this past season.
What??

Canzano was throwing lollipops on this one.  

For a guy who honestly supports women in sports, he could have asked some questions that would have given us some insight into the commissioner's strengths.

At least we now know the commissioner has a 90lbs. Dutch Shepard.  Rolling Eyes

Hey, I didn't say it was a good interview. But I thought her answer to this question was lacking self-awareness.

Q: Gonzaga men’s basketball is a national power and an asset to the WCC, but it’s one member of a larger conference. How does the WCC balance serving the bulk of its members while simultaneously promoting/elevating that top asset?

NEVAREZ: The culture of a healthy conference is balance. Teams and schools are going to move up and down the spectrum of strong versus rebuilding and a healthy conference provides opportunities for those rebuilding to improve while not holding back the excellence at the top of the conference. A running joke among commissioners is that if half the schools like you and half don’t on any given issue, you’re probably doing what’s best for the league as a whole.

up7587
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2021-06-10

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2