Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gus Johnson: The voice of American soccer?

2 posters

Go down

Gus Johnson: The voice of American soccer? Empty Gus Johnson: The voice of American soccer?

Post by DaTruRochin Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:50 am

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20130205/gus-johnson-world-cup-fox/

I'm both excited because March Madness is lacking without Gus, but worried that his excitement won't translate to soccer.... (Especially after my beloved Kevin Calabro was pretty awful for the Sounders in their inaugural year...)
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Gus Johnson: The voice of American soccer? Empty Re: Gus Johnson: The voice of American soccer?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:07 am

The American Andres Cantor?

Back to top Go down

Gus Johnson: The voice of American soccer? Empty Re: Gus Johnson: The voice of American soccer?

Post by Stonehouse Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:44 am

I absolutely love Gus in college basketball, and he's great in football too. Yes, he's histrionic and over the top, but give me that over a somnambulant Jim Nantz or Joe Buck any day. He is born for moments of high drama, which international soccer does provide.

HOWEVER... he's going to really have to restrain himself during regular game play, because if he starts just playing a role as the crazy announcer guy, it's going to drive everyone crazy very quickly. I know fans of MMA/boxing (yuck) hate it when he announces those events.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down