Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prediction Time

+8
Geezaldinho
fozziewozzie
PilotDrummer
PilotNut
SciFi
GUPhantom
pms275
Trenchcoat Wally
12 posters

Go down

Prediction Time Empty Prediction Time

Post by Trenchcoat Wally Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:16 pm

I attended every home game this year. The Pilot game style comparison from early season to present is; mediocre mistake style soccer to top level soccer. Having the World Cup players back made a huge difference this season. After that, every players level of play rose as well. The Pilots are gelling right now! UCLA will be up against a very different team on Friday. The Sophie Schmidt target ball with layoff is very dangerous. When Lopez goes forward, teams have no one to mark her. If they do try to mark her, the opposing midfielder gets tired very fast from running back and forth. How about Enyeart? The goal vs Tennessee was wicked! no keeper stops those. From a TV interview with her she stated that she is fired up. She will be. Be prepared for her to cause many problems up front. Those are just a few of the Pilot weapons. I'm sure all of you can think of a lot more Pilot weapons. OK... my prediction..... Pilots 2-- UCLA 0.
Trenchcoat Wally
Trenchcoat Wally
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Prediction Time Empty Re: Prediction Time

Post by pms275 Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:34 pm

2-1 Portland.
pms275
pms275
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by GUPhantom Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:04 pm

I'm with Enyert! I'm feeling really confident about this game. I say it goes 3-0....PILOTS WIN!!

I remember UCLA's mantra from 2005...."Love the Struggle"!!

Okay Bruins...be careful what you ask for...you might just get it!! ....Here comes more of that same for ya! I just don't think they have the mental where-with-all...the mental toughness...to battle with us! We'll score first....they'll start second guessing their game plan....their confidence wilts...they'll chant that mantra again!! Let's help UCLA experience Ground Hog Day...that Bill Murray movie...where they re-live a miserable day over...and over...and over!!!

With each Pilot score...I'll be shouting another Bill Murray line... "Its in the....GOOOOOOOAL!!!!" ...Yes..I know..different sport but...great line... cheers

GO PILOTS!!!
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFi Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:32 pm

I hate to be a pessimist, but my gut tells me that UCLA is going to benefit from the "12th man." "12th man" being a biased ref. . . Man I hope my gut is wrong! pale True final score: 2 - 1 Pilots Final Score that gets reported to the NCAA: 2-1 UCLA (controversial golden goal in 2OT)

That's my prediction.

-SciFi

Prediction Time Header10
SciFi
SciFi
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2007-04-28

http://pilotfans.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:37 pm

2-1 Pilots. bounce

Prediction of the beer I will be drinking during the game: Kokanee.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:38 pm

2-1. But I won't get to watch the damn game.
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 509
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fozziewozzie Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:24 pm

wow! good post wally. personally, i think the score will be more like 4-2, pilots. these are two very high power offenses no matter how good the defenses an keepers are, the strength is the offense. an one thing that niggles me is that shannon macmillan is an asst coach for ucla. i know it's been years, but u of p's program hasnt changed in years an years. she might be the 'x' factor. having said that, i still feel good about our girls an a win!
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:43 pm

I'd have to disagree about Shannon. I just don't think it'll help them that much. UP teams, compared to this edition were a LOT more one dimensional. Everything went trough Tif, Shannon, Justi, or even Christine. I don't think this team is at all like those- it's much more balanced, and just as deadly.

Look at the last three games
4-0 pasting
1-2 ref theft
1-2 squeaker

both of those last two games were UCLA victories over teams that weren't close to full strength. Right now, we're all here, all healthy, and peaking.

3-0
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11804
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by thepuck Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:51 pm

I think it'll be a low scoring affair. I think the first half is gonna go scoreless then the Pilots score off a defensive mistake in about the 55th minute.

1-0 Pilots
thepuck
thepuck
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:55 pm

that'd work too. Very Happy
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11804
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:09 am

Gut feeling: 2-1 Pilots. (However, hoping to finish the season with three straight shutouts!) cheers

Have long believed that the best team nearly always wins the big game. We are the best team in the country today, as far as I'm concerned. If we lose, I'm not interested in excuses.
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:09 am

I remember last year this time thinking... man I wish Enyeart was healthy. I dont think that they have ever seen her at full strength. Early in the season she was the only real threat up top to contend with( No offense to Kendra, but she is a little more of a tactician, and less of the homerun threat). Since Sophie moved up top, I think it has made Michelle even more of a threat. I dont know that UCLA has schemed for what Michelle has become, a goalscoring threat that has options to distribute to up top.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFi Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:42 pm

SciFi wrote:I hate to be a pessimist, but my gut tells me that UCLA is going to benefit from the "12th man." "12th man" being a biased ref. . . Man I hope my gut is wrong! pale True final score: 2 - 1 Pilots Final Score that gets reported to the NCAA: 2-1 UCLA (controversial golden goal in 2OT)

That's my prediction.

-SciFi

Hmmmm. . . Pretty damn close. . . Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

-SciFi

Prediction Time Header10
SciFi
SciFi
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 313

http://pilotfans.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by decrink Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:47 am

I think it will be a valiant struggle but I'll have to go against my gut and say UCLA will win 3-2 in overtime. I think the Pilots will score first but UCLA will regroup and pull back into the lead. We'll probably not get any help from the ref but some last minute heroics will pull us even. I'll predict we just won't be able to withstand the Bruin's onslaught and a late OT goal (probably by Lang or Adams) will do us in. I hope I'm wrong.
decrink
decrink
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:59 pm

Great sense of humor, decrink. We need a little bit of that at this point in time. Welcome to the forum! Have fun with it. Look forward to your future posts. Cool
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down