Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UP/UCLA Will be on TV!!!

+8
Trenchcoat Wally
Geezaldinho
PilotDrummer
FANatic
A_Fan
PilotNut
thepuck
Stonehouse
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

UP/UCLA Will be on TV!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: UP/UCLA Will be on TV!!!

Post by fozziewozzie Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:10 pm

FANatic,
i have not had the experience of attending an on campus watch party. if this game was at the chiles center i would be there in a heart-beat, simply for the experience an comraderie. but the bc hall, from what i have read is not an ideal situation. i would rather watch at home an chat with everyone on line. thats my two cents worth.
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by thepuck Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:48 pm

i was actually thinking about watching it at home but Fanatics description of his fears kinda got me excited. "loud, raucous, fun, yet with the distinct aroma of alcohol in the air" sounds like what watching soccer (especially English) is all about.
thepuck
thepuck
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:53 pm

While the scene is loud when we score, you'll get shushed if people can't hear the audio during the run of play.

As to the alcohol? well I'm sure some folks have a drink before the game to calm their nerves, but I can't say the place reeked of it. pretty tame that way, really.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11811
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:48 am

I heard last night that the University was flying several of the members of the Villa Drum Squad down to the game. Maybe it'll serve to take a little away from UCLA's home field advantage.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:04 am

dang it - I was hoping that maybe fox sports would pick it up and I'd be able to watch it somewhere in the great state of Indiana. That's awesome news that Comcast is picking it up and y'all will be able to watch. I have to say, it's pretty freakin fun to watch those games on a big screen with hundreds of other excited Pilot Fans!

Go Pilots!!!!!!
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by kennaprez Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:35 am

if you don't want to watch the game at BC aud, i'm sure some of the local bars will be showing it. i watched one of the playoff games a couple years back at Tom's Pizza on Lombard and there were a handfull of others cheering on the pilots as well. not sure what the crowd will be like on a friday evening at Tom's with other sporting events.

kennaprez
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:26 pm

7 hours and I am dying!!! Sound the opening Whistle!
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

UP/UCLA Will be on TV!!! - Page 2 Empty Thank You! (with Peter Frampton volume and intonations)

Post by FANatic Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:03 pm

Thanks to everyone who responded to my call for advice on attending the game tonight at BC Aud. I read every single one, and this is what I have come up with: it's probably better if I stay home tonight in my comfy chair, in my cozy room, (my family calls it "the cave" - for real!), my nice warm winter blanket and a toilet just a few feet away! Ahh, paradise! Very Happy

What clinched it for me was the drum squad. If the drums played after Pilot goals only, I probably could stand it. If they are played with any regularity at all, I'm in the looney house for 2-3 days. Don't get me wrong, the drums are great. Even the players love them. But it's the loudness of really anything in life that I simply cannot shut out, unlike the normal person. Sad
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2