Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Improvement of the US MNT...

3 posters

Go down

Improvement of the US MNT... Empty Improvement of the US MNT...

Post by onetouchfutbol Thu May 31, 2012 5:30 pm

It might not be apparent from the 4-1 loss in the friendly to Brazil yesterday, but, I still think that the men´s national team is improving. Fabian Johnson has been a real revelation and a great discovery by Klinsmann, and I liked the combination play when he pressed forward yesterday. When you add that to the improvement for Hercules Gomez who has been great with Los Santos this year and improving his ability to finish and the mainstays of Donovan and Dempsey (who may be in his prime), and we´re finally starting to put together a dangerous team that is entertaining to watch.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Improvement of the US MNT... Empty Re: Improvement of the US MNT...

Post by Geezaldinho Thu May 31, 2012 8:07 pm

They looked pretty good except for the getting creamed part?

We need to find or develop defenders
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:22 am

PurpleGeezer wrote:We need to find or develop defenders

And ones that can actually hold/distribute to begin the offense, not just clear aimlessly... Hahaha thank goodness we still produce some of the best GK in the world, otherwise we'd be totally screwed.
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:41 pm

PurpleGeezer wrote:They looked pretty good except for the getting creamed part?

We need to find or develop defenders

Well, Fabian Johnson is a pretty decent one. He's already one of the best playing in Germany. Some improvement at the sweeper position would be nice...

The first hand ball call in this game was a garbage call that led to the first goal, and Dempsey missed a goal when he was basically inside of the opponent's net. I still don't know how he did it. If he hadn't touched the ball, I believe we would have scored. This easily could have...and probably should have been a 3-2 game instead of 4-1. But, I'm sure the opponents say that against Brazil all the time. All the same, I go away from our recent performances thinking that the team is moving in the right direction. Even if we don't have a player who I'd consider a world class finisher, we've got some very very good finishers in Donovan and Gomez...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down