Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another new player

2 posters

Go down

Another new player Empty Another new player

Post by A_Fan Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:06 pm

Sara Bindl Signs NLI to Join Women’s Soccer

PORTLAND, Ore. --- Sara Bindl, a defender out of Kent, Wash., has signed a National Letter of Intent and will join the University of Portland women’s soccer program as a freshman next fall, announced head coach Garrett Smith. Bindl joins the 2012 recruiting class, which already includes Haylee DeGrood, Devlyn Jeter, Noelle LaPrevotte and Shelby Vaver.

“Sara is a disciplined left back who has a strong foundation for the position,” said Smith. “It’s exciting to see a player like her that’s comfortable getting involved in the attack.”

“I’ve know for a while that I wanted to go to Portland,” said Bindl, “so now that I have the opportunity I am really excited.”

Bindl was a three-year letterwinner at Kentwood High School, and she was a three-time selection to the All-SPSL North 4A First Team. Bindl earned all-state honors as a senior last fall, and she helped the Conquerors win the Washington 4A State Championship as a junior in 2010. The Conquerors finished third in the state in 2009, were eighth at the 2011 state tourney and won the 2011 league title. A two-time team defensive MVP, Bindl was named to the 2011 All-Area Team by the Seattle Times.

Bindl has competed with the Washington ODP since 2007, and she played with Dos FC and Eastside FC, which was coached by former UP defender Michelle French.

A Brief Q&A with Sara Bindl

What are some of the things that attracted you to UP?

- I really like the small school and the community feel at Portland. It seems like everyone knows each other, and that’s what initially brought me to UP.

What are you looking forward to most at Portland?

- I am really looking forward to getting to know all of the girls on the team, as well as all the people that are involved with the team.

What do you think playing on Merlo Field for the first time will be like?

- I think it’s going to be absolutely amazing and I am so excited to have the opportunity to play at Merlo Field. It’s such a nice field and so many fans come to watch you play, so it’s really exciting.

What are you hoping to accomplish at UP?

- I hope we can win another national championship, and I also want to graduate in four years.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Another new player Empty Re: Another new player

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:19 pm

Welcome, Sara.

Another new player Sara_b10
DoubleDipper