Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WCC Results 1/28

3 posters

Go down

WCC Results 1/28 Empty WCC Results 1/28

Post by PilotNut Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:17 pm

SMC wins big at BYU, 80-66, with a technical foul called on BYU for multiple items thrown on the floor over the course of the game... classy move by the BYU fans. SMC now 10-0 in WCC, BYU drops to 6-3.

Pepp is up at home vs. SCU, USD & USF in a close one at USF...

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

WCC Results 1/28 Empty Re: WCC Results 1/28

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:44 pm

PilotNut wrote:SMC wins big at BYU, 80-66, with a technical foul called on BYU for multiple items thrown on the floor over the course of the game... classy move by the BYU fans.
Just witnessed the most physical and emotional WCC game I can remember as St. Mary’s downed BYU at BYU.

Talk about an out of control student section. As the game wound down, the students were pelting the court with thrown objects, and not for the first time in the game. I don’t recall seeing sportsmanship this bad at a WCC event. No wonder we can no longer have beer in the Chiles Center, the BYU students would destroy the place.

The ESPNU commentators couldn’t figure why there was such a rivalry between the two schools in BYU’s first year in the league. Hmmm, really? LMU (a small Jesuit school), and now St. Mary’s (a small Christian Brothers School) come to Provo and beat BYU (an international school) and they don’t see why the folks are upset?

Very proud of the St. Mary’s players, they kept their cool in a hostile environment. Cool
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11391
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:09 pm

Pepp wins 74-62 over SCU.

USF 84, USD 70.

BYU: I didnt see the original or technical-worthy 2nd debris on the floor occurence, but I did see the hail storm in the final 5 seconds... really a mess in Provo. It wasn't just a couple students, it was many many individuals tossing debris--completely class-less and embarassing. I wonder if there will be school sanctions on it's own student section? Will the conference step in and force changes/restrictions? This cannot go un-addressed...

Last edited by PilotNut on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:13 pm

USD loses at USF; UP loses at LMU; PU beats SCU.

WCC Standings:

6-USD 3-6
7- UP 2-7
8- PU 2-8
9- SCU 0-8

We’ve got a big game coming up at SCU Thursday; anyone thinking about heading down to California?
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11391
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:46 pm

We kinda needed SCU to beat PU. Didn't happen, which puts us in a bad position. The team is looking better, but we still need to get a win, or two.

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:03 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:No wonder we can no longer have beer in the Chiles Center, the BYU students would destroy the place.
Presumably, they did this without beer, or any other stimulative drink.
BTW I had SMC alumni friends at the game, they concur on the fanbase issue. Apparently they BYU fans were chanting "worst refs ever." 14 pt loss at home and you blame the refs? Ok...
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down