Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MLS SuperDraft

2 posters

Go down

MLS SuperDraft Empty MLS SuperDraft

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:11 pm

Timbers pick Andrew Jean-Baptiste, a defender, in the first round from UConn: http://www.oregonlive.com/timbers/index.ssf/2012/01/timbers_select_defender_with_f.html

Timbers trade away Cooper, for some money and a draft pick, too. I will be sad to see Cooper go, but he never quite lived up to the hype he received. I would have liked to have him around another season at least.

Timbers select Brendan King, a mid-fielder, from (Good Old) Notre Dame: http://www.mlssoccer.com/superdraft/2012/byclub

You can see video on each player at that second link.

Back to top Go down

MLS SuperDraft Empty Re: MLS SuperDraft

Post by PilotNut Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:43 pm

Sad to see Coop go... but he just did not score as he should; I am not surprised in the least that he is gone, and it seems like a good trade.

Hopefully we can get some additional offensive firepower...

Last edited by PilotNut on Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

MLS SuperDraft Empty Re: MLS SuperDraft

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:41 pm

I'm a little suprised at the deal. I thought Kenny would turn it around this year but if you're able to get value for a player you have to do the deal.

If you didn't know the Timbers signed Brent Richards last week, who you may have seen play for Washington, as a homegrown player. They also signed another Colombian, Valencia, so they were a little heavy at forward.

EDIT: The rumor is we got about 200-300K in allocation money in the Cooper deal. With that much money we could sign a pretty good player.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down