Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loving the New Comcast SportsNet

3 posters

Go down

Loving the New Comcast SportsNet Empty Loving the New Comcast SportsNet

Post by Stonehouse Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:57 pm

By the way... this is just a general comment, but I am LOVING the new Comcast SportsNet. It's just SO awesome to see UP have such a large presense on the station. On Saturday, the replay of the UP-UO game was playing right before the UP-Colorado playoff game. I've seen commercials advertising UP many times.

I just love the fact that we are involving ourselves from the ground floor and can (hopefully) continue to entranch ourselves as mainstays in its programing. Once they make the deal to get it available on DirectTV and the Dish and all of that (the fact that the Blazers are on it should force a deal to happen sooner rather than later), it will even be more prominent... I love it!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Loving the New Comcast SportsNet Empty Re: Loving the New Comcast SportsNet

Post by thepuck Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:05 pm

While I mostly agree with you I wouldn't mind them upgrading their commentators for the soccer game a little bit. I think i would cool for the guys that do the audio broadcast to just do the TV commentary because they really seem to know what they're talking about. Plus, they're already there.

But just to be clear I'll defiantly put up with sub par commentary to have pilots on TV.
thepuck
thepuck
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaGorilla Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:57 pm

I actually remember being rather impressed with the announcers at the soccer match. They semmed to be well-spoken, professional, and genuinely interested. I did at many points, however, wring my hands at their inability to distinguish between "shots" and "shots on goal". But overall, they were better than I anticipated (of course that might be more a factor of my low expectations heading in).
VillaGorilla
VillaGorilla
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:25 am

Yeah... I thought the announcers were pretty good for the soccer match too, considering that they were local Colorado guys. They definitely did their homework on the team, that's for sure.

I caught a lot of the replay of the Oregon game and I thought Scott Lynn and Bill Krueger were good too... obviously they were slanted toward UO, but Krueger is a former Pilot so he kept it from going too Duck-centric. And both were really complimentary of the Pilots.

I wonder if they will do the WCC games that are being shown live from the Chiles Center?

Anyway... saw the UP/Colorado game on replay again last night. I'm telling you... this channel is awesome for UP.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down