Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preseason Exhibitions

2 posters

Go down

Preseason Exhibitions Empty Preseason Exhibitions

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:27 pm

Any else check out the exhibition and want to talk ball? I thought that TecleMariam looked solid tonight, but the game was a little too close for comfort in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Preseason Exhibitions Empty Re: Preseason Exhibitions

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:35 am

Yep, I was there, and Z was ON! SeaPac had already played once (losing in Pullman by 11 or so), and it was our first game. We "held" their top scorer Benson to 19, but I admit our play was centered on Z most of the night. Freshman guard Jasmine Wooton got some minutes, but few points. I think she has a bright future on the Bluff. Outlook: probably 4th place, but the coaches are saying 6th!

Men's season ticket holders: you've got free tickets to the women's games, come on out and give them a look. The women play five more games at home than do the men, and it's a great way for basketball junkies see good fundamentals and teamwork.

DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:06 pm

Our Pilots beat Concordia (Portland) today 80-36!

This game was too much of a mismatch to draw any solid conclusions about how we’ll do once the regular season begins (Friday 11/11 at 6pm at the Chiles Center against Montana State), but a there are a number of positives to note going forward.

Compared to teams of the last few years, this one is much more aggressive at going after loose balls and rebounds, and much more likely to attempt steals and create turnovers. Today we had 23 steals, but on the downside we are still guilty of too many turnovers (23 day).

We are taller and younger than we have been a long time. We have six players over 6 feet tall (6’3” Erin Boettcher will have to sit a year after transferring from New Mexico), and of our 12 roster players, three are seniors and the rest are freshmen (5) and sophomores (4).

If we can stay healthy (something that has not been easy in the past), we’ll not only be fun to watch, but we’ll win some games too!

Oh, and the Schoenfeldt Hall boys turned up at the game today. In the first half there were a few too many disparaging remarks toward the opponents instead of encouraging remarks for our players. Much better in the second half (do you think they got a Buzz in their ear?) Keep it up guys, we love your enthusiasm.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Agreed, Concordia was too weak of an opponent to tell much about the Pilots. I left early in the second half because it just wasn't fun to watch. Looking forward to next Friday's game with Montana State, it should be more competitive.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down