Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First win!!!

4 posters

Go down

First win!!! Empty First win!!!

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:14 pm

First win. 73-62

Good effort by the Pilots. Out-shot, out-rebounded Liberty.
Walter Thompson gets 15 points
Jared Stohl 12
Smeulders 11 third game in double figures also 8 rebounds.
Sikma 10 he also gets 10m rebounds and 6 assists

Nice to see the bigs starting to click.

Ito and Raivio didn't do so well, but Stohl picked up the slack, played some point with success

Best part, it was against Richie McKay.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

First win!!! Empty Re: First win!!!

Post by wrv Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:32 pm

The TeleTubbies and the forces of toleration join the Pilots in celebrating victory . . .Go Pilots!

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by nevtelen Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:17 pm

Congrats on a nice win from a Zag fan - you guys just might have found something in Sikma: 4-5 shooting, 10 pts, 10 boards, 6 assists. Not shabby for his 3rd game! Reveno's big man coaching is apparently all it's hyped to be. Hope Ito gets going for you guys.

And shooting 53% as a team from 3 is not shabby at all! Stohl can apparently stroke it.

nevtelen
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:45 pm

Thanks Nev... Austin Daye sure looked like the real deal today against Montana. Wow... he's going to be very, very good.

I'll write more about this game later, but really you can't say enough about the play of Luke Sikma. I mean a double double (10 points, 10 boards), six assists, four steals, two blocks and only one foul while playing 32 minutes... WOW! What a terrific all-around performance. And he was up against veteran players all day long too.

Don't look know, but we might have the steal of the WCC in Sikma. He didn't get recruited too heavily out of high school, and it sure looks like we've got ourselves a dandy!

Also... Stohl knocking down 4 of 5 threes... how nice is that??? Having a gunner off the bench who can hit some shots and inject some life into the team? We haven't had a player like that in a while.

Anyway... I'm definitley very encouraged by the games this weekend. We're going to get better as the season goes on and we're going to surprise some teams.

I'm pumped!!! Go Pilots!!!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by nevtelen Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:30 am

Stonehouse wrote:Thanks Nev... Austin Daye sure looked like the real deal today against Montana. Wow... he's going to be very, very good.

Daye stunned pretty much everybody - Few said after the game that he hadn't ever seen that from him - in practice in a scrimmage, anywhere. So who knows if it was just adrenaline from his first game (in front of his dad) or not and he's maybe actually human. Wink I guess we'll see.

Stonehouse wrote:I'll write more about this game later, but really you can't say enough about the play of Luke Sikma. I mean a double double (10 points, 10 boards), six assists, four steals, two blocks and only one foul while playing 32 minutes... WOW! What a terrific all-around performance. And he was up against veteran players all day long too.

Don't look know, but we might have the steal of the WCC in Sikma. He didn't get recruited too heavily out of high school, and it sure looks like we've got ourselves a dandy!

I saw Sikma play once in hs and thought he was probably a decent mid- to low-major player with some upside based on bloodlines and all the coaching he probably got from his dad over the years. But he very well might be the steal of the WCC recruiting class this year - I can't remember when a freshman big man had that strong of a debut (almost a double-double in his first game, too). Hope he keeps it up for you guys!

nevtelen
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:42 am

Well, after three games, Luke is leading the team in rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks and is averaging nearly 10 points a game.

I'd say that's as good of a start to a career as any Pilot I can remember in recent history. And when you think about it... he's doing it with totally inexperienced front court teammates.

GOOOOOOO Luke!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum