Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oregonian Preview; Great Article About Stohl and His Dad

+3
oh brody
onetouchfutbol
Stonehouse
7 posters

Go down

Oregonian Preview; Great Article About Stohl and His Dad Empty Oregonian Preview; Great Article About Stohl and His Dad

Post by Stonehouse Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:26 am

Some nice press bits today.

Oregonian Preview: http://www.oregonlive.com/pilots/index.ssf/2010/11/portland_basketball_preview_pi.html

Herald Net story about Jared Stohl and his dad: http://heraldnet.com/article/20101111/SPORTS/711119854/-1/news01

Last edited by PilotNut on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed link)
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Oregonian Preview; Great Article About Stohl and His Dad Empty Re: Oregonian Preview; Great Article About Stohl and His Dad

Post by onetouchfutbol Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Interesting preview article. Do you think that Waterford will keep the starting position over Rogers and Thomas for the entire season? Knowing Rev's system is a plus, but, my impression was that the competition was pretty stiff at that position...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Oregonian Preview; Great Article About Stohl and His Dad Empty Re: Oregonian Preview; Great Article About Stohl and His Dad

Post by oh brody Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:50 pm

I know I should reserve my opinion until after the season gets underway (but whats the fun in that?) but based off of what I've seen so far I think he's going to have to step up his game to avoid getting pushed out of the lineup by the newbies.
oh brody
oh brody
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:04 pm

oh brody wrote:I know I should reserve my opinion until after the season gets underway (but whats the fun in that?) but based off of what I've seen so far I think he's going to have to step up his game to avoid getting pushed out of the lineup by the newbies.

Sorry, I couldn't disagree more. Stohl's shooting ability is second to none. His presence on the floor requires the full attention of a defender. His defender cannot play any help defense without getting burned. Even if Stohl can't get his shot, that opens up opportunities for other Pilots to penetrate and get the ball down low.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:09 pm

blacksheep wrote:
oh brody wrote:I know I should reserve my opinion until after the season gets underway (but whats the fun in that?) but based off of what I've seen so far I think he's going to have to step up his game to avoid getting pushed out of the lineup by the newbies.

Sorry, I couldn't disagree more. Stohl's shooting ability is second to none. His presence on the floor requires the full attention of a defender. His defender cannot play any help defense without getting burned. Even if Stohl can't get his shot, that opens up opportunities for other Pilots to penetrate and get the ball down low.

Actually, the question was about Waterford, not, Stohl. I think having Stohl in the starting lineup is a given... I just heard some rave reviews about Rogers and Thomas. But, I trust Rev to make the right choice.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:08 pm

Embarassed That's what I get for reading the first post and the last post Embarassed
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:50 am

I saw the same thing as you Blacksheep. Stohl getting pushed out of the lineup? Crazy!
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:19 am

Next thing you know Rev will have a representative from PILOTNATION in the huddle at all timeouts, just kid din g, lol...isn't it funny how one man can write something, it get blown way out of proportion, and a not so polite discussion ensues, at least if MESAS involved, lol.
I know I'm going to shock you guys me being a practicing PROTESTANT, my dear ol' de ceased life mentor FATHER Robert Se rafling always tried to get me to proofread my emails and be careful of what snail mail I sent reminding of the power of the WRITTEN WORD as opposed to the spoken word.
It's a great policy,, now if only I could practice this more in my "pilotnation" life... Rolling Eyes

Mesapilot1

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodless! Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:22 am

Waterford won't be the starter against Kentucky.

I think it is going to happen that soon.
Woodless!
Woodless!
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Back to top Go down