Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pooh on Cleveland Summer League Roster

5 posters

Go down

Pooh on Cleveland Summer League Roster Empty Pooh on Cleveland Summer League Roster

Post by Stonehouse Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:43 pm

With all the Summer League rosters popping up I figured I'd do a quick Google search to see if Pooh was on one, and lo and behold... it appears as though he will be playing with the Cavs!

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2010/6/28/1540775/nba-summer-league-rosters-vegas

Good luck to Pooh... he played really well for the Blazers last Summer, and the T-Wolves before that, and the Kings before that... let's hope the same happens this year, but this time he gets a real contract! Goooooo Pooh!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Pooh on Cleveland Summer League Roster Empty Re: Pooh on Cleveland Summer League Roster

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:29 pm

Saw his tweet

@RUBasketball
Gave verbal to Cleveland during the season. I'm just waiting to see what LeBron is going to do. LOL.
Just Joking people.

http://twitter.com/PoohJeter
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Pooh on Cleveland Summer League Roster Empty Re: Pooh on Cleveland Summer League Roster

Post by RiseUP Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:56 am

You know that may not be a horrible place for him to bust in. There is a lot of talk of the Cavs trading Mo Williams and Delonte West which could leave them pretty thin at PG (Sebastian Telfair and Boobie Gibson). They are also hoping for a big sign and trade which could leave the roster pretty depleted.

RiseUP
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:25 pm

Just curious...how old is Pooh Jeter now? It seems like we blog about him taking a shot at the NBA every year now... It's a bummer. It seems like a NBA Development League All-Star should be able to be a second teamer in the NBA.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:33 pm

He's making a better living than I did at that age....
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:41 pm

You've got to respect Pooh for keeping the dream alive. He has been very successful playing internationally and hopefully has made some good money, but he is still doing work trying to make it to the NBA. I would be so proud and happy if he made it onto a roster and into a game - even for just a brief period of time - because it would prove that he could do it.

He's got talent and he's a terrific character guy - it's just a matter of getting some luck and finding the right fit. Sure the odds are against him, but he's got heart.

Much love and respect to Pooh, the greatest Pilot I have and maybe will ever see.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:50 pm

Stonehouse wrote:You've got to respect Pooh for keeping the dream alive. He has been very successful playing internationally and hopefully has made some good money, but he is still doing work trying to make it to the NBA. I would be so proud and happy if he made it onto a roster and into a game - even for just a brief period of time - because it would prove that he could do it.

He's got talent and he's a terrific character guy - it's just a matter of getting some luck and finding the right fit. Sure the odds are against him, but he's got heart.

Much love and respect to Pooh, the greatest Pilot I have and maybe will ever see.

You mean except for Kyle, of course... Very Happy
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:58 am

What, did you close your eyes every time Jason Robbins stepped on the court?
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by RiseUP Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:44 pm

A comment from a Cavs' blog site:
Go Pooh Jeter

Who needs Lebron when you have Pooh Jeter.

by JuanCastro on Jul 14, 2010 9:40 PM CDT reply actions 1 recs

He's done well in the first 2 games. Getting a chance to play with this ball in his hand... 17 pts, 7 assists in the first game and 13 pts, 6 assists in the second.

RiseUP
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down