Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reveno on list for UC-Irvine Job?

+10
Tmtr123
PilotNut
DaTruRochin
piloted
onetouchfutbol
pdine
Rob's Jacket
75Zag
pilotram
Stonehouse
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Reveno on list for UC-Irvine Job? - Page 2 Empty Re: Reveno on list for UC-Irvine Job?

Post by RiseUP Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:43 am

That list is very amusing...

1. Wouldn't take much to make him move to Eugene?
2. Why would they even consider Grier at this point?
3. Spelstra? I think is gig might be just a little bit better.

RiseUP
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down

Reveno on list for UC-Irvine Job? - Page 2 Empty Re: Reveno on list for UC-Irvine Job?

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:36 pm

RiseUP wrote:That list is very amusing...
I also love it when fans talk about making a "national impact" or some such with who the school hires. You want attention? How about hiring a coach who...wait for it....wins some games? Then people will start paying attention to you. I mean, hiring Obama's brother-in-law will get you some attention, but it doesn't mean much to the rest of the country if all the team can do is get an invite to one of those "other" postseason tournaments.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:16 pm

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:I also love it when fans talk about making a "national impact" or some such with who the school hires.
I think you can figure what they have in mind by their baseball hire. They re-started their program, and hired one of the most successful coaches in the country in George Horton. They also made a major hire for their track program when they made a change and brought in Lananna. I think that hire has had immediate payback! I expect to see a similar attempt for basketball.

Now the big question: will the new guy still play us in Chiles? Question

Last edited by up7587 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:37 pm

Haha and by immediate payback you mean, someone who would get Galen Rupp and Alberto Salazar on board??

And as far as that last question goes... I think we all kind of know what the answer will be... Mad
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:28 pm

By immediate payback, I was thinking of the multiple national championships they have won since he came on board. But, yeah, those other guys, too.

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:37 pm

I wouldn't really consider those instances mutually exclusive...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2