Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OK Go "This Too Shall Pass" RGM version

2 posters

Go down

OK Go "This Too Shall Pass" RGM version Empty OK Go "This Too Shall Pass" RGM version

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:54 am

From the guys who brought you the treadmill video....

Here's their new video aka the Rube Goldberg Machine. The camera shows the whole thing continuously -no cuts or editing and timed to the music. Pretty cool.

Last edited by Purplegeezer on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

OK Go "This Too Shall Pass" RGM version Empty Re: OK Go "This Too Shall Pass" RGM version

Post by PilotDrummer Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:15 am

The version they did with the Notre Dame Marching Band was cool, but doing all of that in one take is pretty awesome!
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 509
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

OK Go "This Too Shall Pass" RGM version Empty Re: OK Go "This Too Shall Pass" RGM version

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:47 pm

One day old - 2.7 million hits and counting, though maybe 10% of those were me. I bet State farm, who sponsored it, is happy.

Here's an article about the Machine and the issues they had with it. so, though it was done all in one shot, it took 60 takes for it all to come together. That sort of explains why the guys have paint on their coveralls at the start. Very Happy

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/03/03/ok.go.video/

There's an IGNITE follow -up video on how the Machine was made, for you geeks (like me)

The small stuff happens at the start because it's more likely to fail. Resets are quicker if something goes wrong.

That the treadmill video was on the TV that gets busted went totally past me.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down