Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEVADA WOLFPACK Vrs Pilots Game

4 posters

Go down

NEVADA WOLFPACK Vrs Pilots Game Empty NEVADA WOLFPACK Vrs Pilots Game

Post by MesaPilot1 Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:46 am

When I perused the schedule at the beginning of the year I thought this would be a key game for the Pilots this year. Now, after most of the OOC schedule complete and winning some games we were not expected to win , and dumping a couple we should have (PSU,Idaho) won this game is a real key matchup.

Nevada is a tough team, I recall them filling the Lawlor Events Center last year for the nationally televised Carolina game. While the Pilot's wont generate that much interest in Reno like UNC did last year, they should have a vocal,hostile crowd cheering for the Wolfpack. It sure would be nice to see the Pilots put up a W and get some "road confidence".

It looks like Luke Babbit and his supporting cast are back from a team that nearly beat the Pilots at the Chiles Center last year. If only we can hold him to about 20 and limit his teamates in scoring I believe the team will have a good chance at a win!

Happy Holidays,

MesaPilot1 santa

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

NEVADA WOLFPACK Vrs Pilots Game Empty Re: NEVADA WOLFPACK Vrs Pilots Game

Post by onetouchfutbol Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:19 pm

We need a big road win in a bad way. We've won on neutral courts, but, we really haven't been a good road team so far this year. I believe we're 1-2 on the floor of the opponent.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:02 am

Nevada preview: LINK

A win at Lawlor would be a huge road win... it's time for the seniors on this team to step up and lead the guys to a big W on the road...

Nevada is 7-5, with wins vs. Montana St, Houston, Fresno Pacific (who?), South Dakota St, EWU, Wagner & Tulsa. Losses were @UNLV, @VCU, @Carolina (by only 7 points), @Pacific and BYU. So, yeah, Nevada is 7-1 at home and 0-4 on the road.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:00 pm

Chatbox: LINK

Streaming Audio: LINK

Livestats: LINK

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

NEVADA WOLFPACK Vrs Pilots Game Empty Team Needs Coach Dale Measuring Tape Speech

Post by MJGoGaels Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:31 pm

Tough loss - I was hoping to see something different tonight that would be comparable to what its going to be like playing on the road in the WCC. GU is coming soon.

Coach Dale: Jimmy, Ray….measure the distance from the backboard to the foul line. (they measure)

Coach Dale: What’s it say?

Ray: Fifteen feet.

Coach Dale: Ollie. Get on Scrap’s shoulders and measure from the rim to the floor. (They measure)……What’s it say?

Ollie: Ten feet.

Coach Dale: I believe these are the exact same dimensions that you’ll find back at our gym in Hickory. (Players somewhat bewildered) C’mon. Let’s get ready for practice.
MJGoGaels
MJGoGaels
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:42 pm

Thanks MJGoGaels!!!

afro

The men will be plenty ready for Gonzaga, Go Mickey!!!

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:38 am

This would have been a great chance to "get back" one of our bad losses... crud. The 4 minute stretch--the last 2 minutes of the first half and first 2 minutes of the 2nd half--did us in. Otherwise, a close game against a tough team.

So now we sit at 7-5, with 1 Div-I game left in the non-conference schedule (Army, on Jan 2.... also have Evergreen on 12/31)... Army is tough, currently 9-2 (though not against a lot of great teams). I think this game is a "must win" heading into the GU game at home... we have got to get back to playing solid D, and inside-out offense.

With all of our road troubles the past 2 years, I wonder if the coaching staff is evaluating the road trip "process"? Do we need to mix something up? Change something? Approach something differently? Get up earlier/later? Practice differently at the shoot-around?

It's apparent that the status quo isnt quite cutting it... We are 1-4 so far on the road this year, and were 5-9 last year... pale

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:36 am

Yeah, we definitely don't play as well on the road...which is disappointing with a team with so many seniors. Sad On a positive note, I've felt better about our chances of beating GU at home than UW on the road from the start. A win against GU at home would be something to build on, but, we do need to bring our A-game to the table more often.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:29 am

A Side Note---I was watching College Basketall on ESPNU --New Mexico vrs Texas Tech and the color guy (An east coast guy, but does many of WAC and Mountain West Conference games) was listing surprising teams this year. Of course we were nowhere to be found after the "stretch of games" we lost that we should have won. BUT, ARMY WAS LISTED AS ONE OF HIS SURPRISE TEAMS IN THE COUNTRY affraid THIS YEAR WITH ONE LOSS (apparently they must have just lost another one BECAUSE it listed they have two losses)

Anyway, just another sleeper tough game against Army, we really need this one to round into WCC form.

I know, I know , the anaylst only worked at ESPN. He didn't carry the Prediction, Analysazation (New word, lol) , and knowledge of our esteemed moderator but, maybe DTR has some thoughts on ARMY,lol.

MESAPILOT1 Cool

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down