Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X Country is legit...

5 posters

Go down

X Country is legit... Empty X Country is legit...

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:15 am

I really feel like we have a great ranked team, and it would be nice for this sport to have its own posting category just like soccer, basketball, and baseball. I asked the question in the women's soccer area why it doesn't yet... Are the moderators/administrators willing to consider having a separate posting category for cross country? If not, please explain why. Thanks for your responses...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

X Country is legit... Empty Re: X Country is legit...

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:58 pm

I think this is a fine idea. A VERY high percentage of "Other Sports" is XC, so why not just have a separate area? Personally, I'd even trade baseball for XC.

Many of the XC runners have noted their lack of a forum on PN and they've told me that it discourages them when they are running at Nationals... jocolor
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:00 pm

I would love to have more XC chatter on this site, and the team deserves all the support/publicity we can give it. We could promote the topic during October and November, but I am a little concerned that it would sit virtually unused 10 months of the year...

We do need to balance the number of forums with the functionality of the site... If we have too many seperate forums, it is more difficult to navigate, particularly when accessing the site from mobile devices.

Sooo.... here is a thought. How about instead of adding another seperate forum, we re-name the "Other Pilot Athletics" forum to "Cross Country, Volleyball, Golf & Tennis" ... or re-name it "Cross Country" and then steer all volleyball, golf, tennis posts (which are very, very few) into the "Other Sports" forum... which we could re-name "General Sports".

Thoughts?

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:32 am

You could combine baseball and cross-country. They are opposite seasons so that would keep that forum more active.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:21 am

Hmm. Perhaps keep it simple. I like the way it is more than the alternatives. Just my opinion though.
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:09 pm

PilotNut wrote:I would love to have more XC chatter on this site, and the team deserves all the support/publicity we can give it. We could promote the topic during October and November, but I am a little concerned that it would sit virtually unused 10 months of the year...

We do need to balance the number of forums with the functionality of the site... If we have too many seperate forums, it is more difficult to navigate, particularly when accessing the site from mobile devices.

Sooo.... here is a thought. How about instead of adding another seperate forum, we re-name the "Other Pilot Athletics" forum to "Cross Country, Volleyball, Golf & Tennis" ... or re-name it "Cross Country" and then steer all volleyball, golf, tennis posts (which are very, very few) into the "Other Sports" forum... which we could re-name "General Sports".

Thoughts?

I like the second option. Though, I guess one sport is always going to get left out. We've just been so dominant for so many years in X-Country in the WCC and now nationally it's beginning as well...

I also like Mattywizz's idea.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:49 pm

onetouchfutbol wrote:I also like Mattywizz's idea.

Hmmm, me too. opposite seasons... anyone else have any thoughts?

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:15 am

Or...how about combining men's/women's basketball??? The women's thread has far fewer posts. That actually makes even more sense to me. X Country is legit... Icon_idea
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:03 am

I dont want to combine M & W Basketball, as those seasons run concurrently, so any posts on WBX quickly get covered up. I have gone ahead and re-named the baseball forum to "Cross Country and Baseball" and will move the recent XC posts in there.... XC and BB are opposite seasons, so they wont knock each other out. And heck, nothing is permanent; if this doesnt work, we will try something else...

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ekrauss Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:22 am

For now, I think this is a good solution. Thanks for listening.

ekrauss
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:49 pm

Yes, thanks. I appreciate it.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down