Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Five Pilots Score in Double Figures During 84-46 Rout

Go down

Five Pilots Score in Double Figures During 84-46 Rout Empty Five Pilots Score in Double Figures During 84-46 Rout

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:52 am

Link
PORTLAND, Ore. --- The Portland Pilots ended their exhibition season with an emphatic 84-46 win over the Warner Pacific Knights on Wednesday night at the Chiles Center. Junior forward Egle Karolyte led five Pilots in double figures with a game-high 15 points.

Next up for the Pilots is their regular season opener at home against the Eastern Washington Eagles on Saturday night at 5:00 p.m.

Sophomore Natalie Day had the early hot hand for Portland, which opened a 17-4 lead six minutes into the game. Day hit her first three shots from the field to help the Pilots build a 13-point lead.

After the Knights cut the lead to eight, Portland ended the half on a 20-4 run to take a 43-19 lead into the half. Day had 12 points after 20 minutes to lead all scorers.

Portland then used a balanced attack in the second half to open a 30 point lead. The Knights wouldn’t get any closer than 25 points the rest of the way.

Karolyte scored 11 points in the second half, while adding eight rebounds for the game. Day finished with 14 points, junior Tara Cronin had 13, sophomore Nakeisha Brown added 11 and junior Lauren Angel chipped in with 10.

Cronin was the game’s high rebounder with nine. She also dished out five assists as the Pilots totaled 24 assists on 33 field goals.

Portland shot 46.5 percent on the night and hit nine three-pointers, with four coming from Cronin. The Pilots also went nine of 14 from the free throw line and committed just 12 turnovers.

Katie Harris led Warner Pacific with 11 points.

Portland held the Knights to 32.8 percent shooting overall. UP also forced Warner Pacific into 21 turnovers, which led to 25 points.

Tara is a beast! She had 13 points on 4-8 shooting (4-7 from 3), she had 9 rebounds, 5 assists and 6 steals. I realize that Warner Pacific isn't the stiffest competition but this is indicative of Tara's capabilities; I wouldn't be shocked if Tara had a triple-double this year. She has always struck me as a complete player and she is a great person, too.

I hope everyone gives these ladies the support they deserve; the Chiles Center wasn't exactly packed when they played last year.
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down