Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Montana Match

+13
PurplePrideTrumpet
SoreKnees
fan from afar
mattywizz
Harry Redknapp
fozziewozzie
onetouchfutbol
DaTruRochin
aleppiek
BigBro
UPSoccerFanatic
Geezaldinho
Indigo Kid
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Montana Match - Page 2 Empty Re: Montana Match

Post by jc Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:25 pm

I thought Jessica came in to replace Taylor Brooke at left mid when Taylor got injured, with Elli still at left back. Hard to tell sometimes, the way the backs overlap. At any rate, it's good to have several versatile players.
jc
jc
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by fozziewozzie Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:34 pm

back on point, another player i would like to acknoledge during this match is elinor priest. she has been in a few games an the thing i would have liked to see her do more is use her obvious size, an hopefully physicallty. i thought she did that in this game.

like ive said, freshman i think, tend to play too fast, try to make too much happen before things can really develop. this is the first game ive seen the frosh play within themsleves, an to borrow a poor cliches, let the game come to them.
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:01 pm

fozziewozzie wrote:back on point, another player i would like to acknoledge during this match is elinor priest. she has been in a few games an the thing i would have liked to see her do more is use her obvious size, an hopefully physicality. i thought she did that in this game.

like ive said, freshman i think, tend to play too fast, try to make too much happen before things can really develop. this is the first game ive seen the frosh play within themselves, an to borrow a poor cliches, let the game come to them.

This reminds me, at one point we saw Garrett get Taylor over to the sideline so he could talk to her. A little later I saw her forcing her way through/around opponents a couple of times to get the ball to the end line and I wondered if he has telling her to work really hard to get the ball to the end line so she could distribute it from there. (This seems to be something the team is working hard to do this year, on both sides of the field.) Being physical is part of that, so maybe it's something the whole team has been working on.

I also want to reinforce what others have said about Kendra. She just keeps getting better and better and is an absolute pleasure to watch. Can't wait until tomorrow!
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1868
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:32 am

Jessica did come in at mid and I was looking forward to her scoring a goal, but she and Ellie seemed to switch positions after a short while.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by purple haze Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:38 am

Whenever I miss a home game (rare event, but it does happen), I'm glad that I can find news and opinions waiting for me later. Thanks for the reports and commentary, everyone.
purple haze
purple haze
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 749
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:53 am

UPSoccerFanatic wrote:
Geezaldinho wrote:The GA St - Mercer game protest got me interested so I went hunting.

Though the score in question was in the 66th minute, the "winning" goal was in the 113th minute of overtime.

At that point, the ref declared a goal, which means the game is over and the Georgia State coach filed his protest.

Just to be clear, if anyone else is interested other than the Geez and I (correct usage of I?), according to the Georgia State website game story, the controversial goal was the one scored in overtime.

After I posted I kept reading other sources and found I couldn't make hide nor hair of what actually happened. I couldn't even tell if the game was 70 or 120 minutes long, though I know the latter is impossible.

I guess you correspondence with McCrath clears it up, though.
And he IS legendary. His 600+ wins as a coach is near the very top all time, behind only..... you know.

Good job.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11812
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ktinpurple Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:08 am

I know some have briefly mentioned her but I would like to point out how impressed I was with Taylor Brooke. She is going to be a super star. She impressed me big time.
ktinpurple
ktinpurple
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:02 pm

Geezaldinho wrote:
After I posted I kept reading other sources and found I couldn't make hide nor hair of what actually happened. I couldn't even tell if the game was 70 or 120 minutes long, though I know the latter is impossible.

Silly me, I had read the rule book which clearly states 90 minute games with two ten minute overtimes, so I added the time up and came up with 110 minutes.

7.1.1 For regular season games, two sudden-victory overtime periods of 10
minutes each shall be played. A coin toss called by the visiting team will
determine choice of ends of the field or the kickoff before the start of
the first sudden-victory overtime period. Teams shall change ends of the
field to start the second sudden-victory overtime period. If the score still
is tied at the end of the second sudden-victory overtime period, the game
will remain a tie for all purposes.

I forgot about the new math.

Montana Match - Page 2 Pictur57
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11812
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by fozziewozzie Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:23 pm

ktinpurple,
i agree, i have been very impressed with taylor in the games i have seen . she seems calm an composeds.
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ktinpurple Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:37 pm

Did you see Taylor on Friday, late in the second half, she shot on goal and the keeper deflected it. As she was falling she had the presence of mind to go for the header. She nearly had it. I was at the rail and it was fun to watch up close.

On Friday she feared no one, but today she seemed a little timid. I still think she's a rising star.
ktinpurple
ktinpurple
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2