Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bjornstad on Official Visit

5 posters

Go down

Bjornstad on Official Visit Empty Bjornstad on Official Visit

Post by Stonehouse Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:22 pm

He's on campus right now. Again, Steven Bjornstad is a 6'10" center from Vancouver. Saw this on an article from Scout the other day:

David Long, Bjornstad’s high school coach, said he believes WSU and Saint Mary’s are the two leaders in the Bjornstad recruiting sweepstakes. Long said Portland and Santa Clara might still have a shot, but Long said Bjornstad was impressed with Saint Mary’s when he visited the Moraga, Calif., school last week.

“I know things went very well for him at Saint Mary’s,” Long said.

I read another quote (from the WSU page, so it's obviously slanted) where Long was quoted saying he hoped Bjornstad goes to WSU. Which is understandable enough... the Pac-10 is still the Pac-10. Still, there's always the hope that Rev can impress Bjornstad and that he will just feel comfortable on our little campus. I mean... really... Pullman or Portland? Not a hard decision there! Smile

Good luck to Rev and the coaches!

Also, heard that all the guys are back for summer classes now. So Bjornstad should be able to meet the whole team.

EDIT: Rev's Twitter account confirms the team is back. Love reading stuff like this!

Pressure on me to get better today...I was walking in, coffee in hand, and 13 guys walking out to a glorious morning with med balls in hand.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Bjornstad on Official Visit Empty Re: Bjornstad on Official Visit

Post by MesaPilot1 Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:00 pm

Maybe if Bjornstad, his coach or parents did a little research on Rev they will realize he's done some good coaching with the big men down at Stanford. I would want to go to a school where the coach did much of the teaching for the 4-5 big men that made the NBA out of Stanford.

That's just me , but Moraga is closer to the Bay Area and the weather is a little milder.

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Bjornstad on Official Visit Empty It's official

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:43 pm

It's official
Bjornstad signs with Cougs

Ken Bone adds final piece to the puzzle
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:51 pm

Well, as much fun as it would be to see Rev work with a guy like that, I'm not too sad letting him take his three toed sloth ways up to the paloose...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Bjornstad on Official Visit Empty bjornstad

Post by upsailor Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:28 pm

After seeing him in the flesh at the chiles center and once on tv, i was not at all impressed.
i think that with the contacts the coaching staff seems to have that we can do better.
the crop has been pretty wwell picked over by now i am sure but there is still time to get a big man in time for the coming season, lets hope.

upsailor
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:04 pm

Too bad. Would have liked to see him in Purple.

It would be nice to have another center on the roster (unless Jasonn really steps up the back-up center will be a weakness) and I would prefer to not head into next offseason with six scholarships open. Would much prefer a more balanced class.

Which leads me to wonder if we will end up snagging a transfer or a JuCo kid later this summer. It's still a possibility, I think. I know it's late, but there are sometimes cases where for whatever reason a kid doesn't end up signing til very late. Of course, they would have to be a good fit and all that, and I would much rather get a good freshman next year than a mediocre guy now. But if we could get a guy that will help us (in my mind, I picture a low post banger that could give some hustle minutes off the bench as a nice fit)... even if he's doesn't have a really high ceiling I'd be cool with it. For me, it's all about being as good as possible next season.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Bjornstad on Official Visit Empty Another article

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:26 am

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2009/jul/02/cougar-notebook-wsu-gets-6-foot-10-recruit/

Special added bonus - it tells you where undrafted Zags are in summer camp.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:52 pm

Even though this young man did not come to Portland to play basketball it is a breakthrough. Just the fact of last seasons sucess, and Rev.'s recruiting. Getting kids like this to visit our campus along with other major BB universitys is a big time step foward. Lately when looking at some of the recruiting service's it seems like more players have Portland on their colleges considering list. It's neat to see us as a mid-major listed next to Pac-Ten school's. Now the next step would be to corral one or two of them.

Maybe that's what a Nik,T.J. ,senior laden team can do this year. The more recognition the better.Whatever happen's this season is going to be one exciting whirlwind. Yahoo! Goal Celebration!

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down