Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National Title Game

4 posters

Go down

National Title Game Empty National Title Game

Post by mattywizz Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:52 pm

A few thoughts on tonight's game:

I see why every single "expert" picked UNC in the pre-season.

If North Carolina stayed in the locker room after halftime, they would have still led until there were 7 1/2 minutes left.

Tyler Hansborough may have had the best career of any collegian basketball player (that didn't play for John Wooden). Not saying he is the best player, but tough to argue a career that included four All-America selections, a National Player of the Year award, leading career scorer in the ACC, a National title and numerous other awards.

Ty Lawson is really good.

It seemed for most of the game that UNC got the bulk of the close/questionable calls. Not saying bad refereeing, just that Carolina got most of the breaks.

Clark Kellogg called Draymond Green the "Dancin' Bear." That means something different to those of us that have resided in North Portland.

I just can't get enough of watching the Big 10 get killed in National title games. Carolina must really love it. 2009-Michigan State, 2005-Illinois, and 1993-Michigan.

I love the last minute of a blowout tournament game. Seven white guys out on the court!

Finally, it's strange watching basketball in a football stadium. The pitch of the seats makes for a really low camera angle. It makes the court look a lot smaller, at least to me. But they sure as heck filled that place up...just under 73,000 I think they said.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

National Title Game Empty Re: National Title Game

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:29 pm

Wait, there was a game on tonight??

mattywizz wrote:
Clark Kellogg called Draymond Green the "Dancin' Bear." That means something different to those of us that have resided in North Portland.

Don't you mean Dancin' Bare National Title Game Bear10 (AND I'm not going to put the other crossed out picture up...) Bear?
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:20 am

mattywizz wrote:
I just can't get enough of watching the Big 10 get killed in National title games.
I dunno, I got bored after LSU and Florida both crushed tOSU in back to back seasons.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:45 pm

If you're wondering why Paul Bunyan is smiling, look across the street... Laughing

(I stole that one, but it's probably really old anyway.)
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down