Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TJ Campbell Shooting 64% on Threes in WCC Play

+3
Geezaldinho
DaTruRochin
Stonehouse
7 posters

Go down

TJ Campbell Shooting 64% on Threes in WCC Play Empty TJ Campbell Shooting 64% on Threes in WCC Play

Post by Stonehouse Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:28 pm

Just figured that stat out. Completely and utterly ridiculous.

TJ Campbell for WCC Player of the Year? I'm not kidding. I realize it will and probably should go to a Zag, but since their scoring is so balanced a single player doesn't really jump out. Campbell on the other hand... in WCC play he's #1 in assists, #2 in overall FG%, #1 in 3pt%, #2 in 3pts made, 13.3 pts per game, and easily the main reason UP went from 7th place to 2nd. You can make a pretty compelling argument.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

TJ Campbell Shooting 64% on Threes in WCC Play Empty Re: TJ Campbell Shooting 64% on Threes in WCC Play

Post by DaTruRochin Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:47 pm

Wow... I hadn't looked at those numbers before... I mean if that doesn't scream 1st team WCC I don't know what does.

But yeah I guess it pretty much HAS to go to a Zag (Bouldin??) since Patty Mills has been hurt...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

TJ Campbell Shooting 64% on Threes in WCC Play Empty Re: TJ Campbell Shooting 64% on Threes in WCC Play

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:34 pm

Figuring a 3 point shot is worth 50% more than a two, that is the equivalent of shooting 96% from inside the line. Pretty darn efficient! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:09 pm

If you are measuring offense

TJ
eFG% 17th in the nation
TS% 19th in the nation

Arate 30.9
TOrate 26.6

2pt% .429
3pt% .541

Jared
eFG% 12th
TS% 13th

Arate 13.1
TOrate 14.1
2 pt% .541
3pt% .456

Bouldin
eFG% 162nd
TS% 187th

Arate 17.9
TOrate 15.5

2pt% .529
3pt% .419
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11811
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:19 pm

If it were most valuable player, no question that's T.J. He's also a pretty outstanding player.

But it probably will be a Zag. Such is life....
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:19 pm

Eventhough TJ really helps us to match up with the pointguard position really well, I'm not so sure I wouldn't give it to Raivio if it was someone from our squad. His EFF rating has been 23 or just ridiculous or off of the charts. We're just so much better with him on the floor. In a few games, if he had not kept us in the first half we would have been in trouble.

Even with the injury, I think Mills would make a better MVP than anyone on the Gonzaga team. Bouldin is over-rated. It seems like the players with cream white skin and shaggy hair always get the most attention at Gonzaga. Evil or Very Mad Stephen Gray and Austin Day have done far more to affect the results of games this season than he has IMO.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemac65 Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:15 pm

There is no question that the major difference for the Pilots this year has been TJ. We have a point guard that can more than adequately run the offense, play tough defence, distribute the ball and hit (with very high percentage) the tough shots when we need them.

mikemac65
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 141

Back to top Go down

Post by goldhelmet Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:56 pm

While Raivio will likely end up getting 1st team WCC honors - and this is not a knock on Nik in any way - if I were forced to choose only one Pilot for 1st team honors (not that they both don't deserve to make it), it would be TJC.

I think he's our MVP and hands down our most consistent player. I knew this kid was something special when I saw his JC highlight reel last year.
goldhelmet
goldhelmet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 270

Back to top Go down