Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next UP: Pilots at San Francisco

+8
PilotNut
onetouchfutbol
DaTruRochin
Rob's Jacket
MesaPilot1
Geezaldinho
mattywizz
Stonehouse
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Next UP: Pilots at San Francisco - Page 2 Empty Re: Next UP: Pilots at San Francisco

Post by Guest Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:28 pm

OK, SMC put out a tremendous effort, and fell short. Let's see how much they have left for the Pilots Saturday night. An energetic UP performance might get a win! bounce

BTW, they were 5 seconds, one inbounds play and a basket from winning. How important is that inbounds play? I often cringe at our efforts, and hope that doesn't come up to bite us down the road.

Back to top Go down

Next UP: Pilots at San Francisco - Page 2 Empty Re: Next UP: Pilots at San Francisco

Post by PilotNut Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:41 am

SF Chronicle recap of the game: LINK

Quote from the article, on the suspensions:
... But the Dons, who have won only one of their past 13 games against Division I opponents, played their best game since their Dec. 13 road victory against Boise State. And it seemed the players' favorable reaction to the suspensions had a lot to do with it.

"I think we played well," USF junior Dior Lowhorn said after scoring 24 points. "I think as seven together it was better than if we had 10. We all know what's going on internally."

Lowhorn, at 6-foot-7, was the Dons' tallest player Thursday, but he had no problem with the suspensions, which had to do with the players' refusal to do a running drill.

"It's what we all agreed to do as a team, and they couldn't do it," Lowhorn said.
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:23 pm

What is going on there? Players openly defying the coach's instructions? Including a freshman; how odd is that?

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:57 pm

"Coach Walters, you have a message. A Mr. Bob Knight would like to offer his services at your next practice..." Twisted Evil
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2