Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seattle U thread

+4
onetouchfutbol
MesaPilot1
PilotNut
PurplePrideTrumpet
8 posters

Go down

Seattle U thread Empty Seattle U thread

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:11 pm

Now I know the Pilots go to Gonzaga next week, but first things first--Seattle comes to town tomorrow afternoon. If you take out the games against teams that aren't DI, SU is 4-5. They lost to PSU twice and Oregon State last week, and of course beat LMU New Year's Day. This looks like a game the Pilots should win, especially at home, but they shouldn't be taking anyone lightly. A win to close out the non-conference schedule would be a nice boost going into the Kennel.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Seattle U thread Empty Re: Seattle U thread

Post by PilotNut Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:13 pm

Seattle likes to play very deliberate, slow paced offense... hopefully we can dictate pace and run them out of Chiles!

Any word on Kramer's return?

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:24 am

Kramer is likely to Play. Hopefully he can shake some of the "ring rust" off of himself. Then he will be ready to put beating on "The Gonzaga Bulldoers",(past tense-I hope) and keep Daye,Josh H,and others out of the lane for chippy's.Oh well, one can dream right?

Why can't we play LM or Pep in first WCC game why do we have to get Gonzaga? Help.....

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:32 am

We can't take this one lightly. Eventhough Seattle U was not a part of division I for 20 years, during that time period UP was the division I team they beat most recently (prior to this year). We're an infamous part of their history. Let's introduce them to the Reveno Rules.

bounce
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:02 pm

Nice victory. Smeulders probably had his best game since UW. Mike Myers...I mean Austin Powers of Seattle U scored 28 on us! LOL. Here's the box score:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/boxscore?gid=200901040467
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:08 pm

Good to see us pull out another close game... we really missed Kramer inside, but Robin played well... And Luke is playing better, especially in the 2nd half.

Again, way too many careless/unforced turnovers... but credit SU on a good game... they are going to be a force at the D-I level soon.

Next stop: Spokane. GO PILOTS!

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:54 pm

Robin was unstoppable in the first half. Seattle looks ready for Division I based on what I saw today. They have a few real players. Seattle certainly tried a deliberate offense and a tough defense today but for the most part the Pilots handled it well. Another solid performance by the Pilots.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:58 pm

We did a poor job of handling the SU press. When TJ was not in we could barely get into our offense. I am very concerned how we will deal with being pressed by bigger faster athletes like Gonzaga's.

SU appears to be much bigger and stronger than I remember from our last game (of course I have tried to purge all memories of that last game Crying or Very sad ).

Back to top Go down

Seattle U thread Empty Luke Pic

Post by PilotNut Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:58 pm

From the Oregonian. Classic. Not sure I would want to defend him.... Very Happy

Seattle U thread 257f67ce5a4c3581c3638315e42c3377
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:06 pm

p.s. I was concerned that in crunch time we did not do better on foul shots. Thank goodness for Robin. Even Nik missed three of six, I think. Need to improve there to keep winning these close games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:11 am

Foul shooting has been such a head scratcher. Coach said he had some situations where they would run if they missed in practice last week, but you'd think the team would be beyond that at this point - I think it's mainly a mental thing. I mean, Nik can shoot better than 73%. And Luke... 43%? Really? I heard a funny little tidbit about him... he's gotten the nickames "Luke Shaqma" and "Luke-uille O'Neal" for his free throw shooting. Ha! Smile
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:48 am

Sorry about the bum steer on Kramer guys. I was surprised to see him on the bench. I didn't realize Luke's elbows are so sharp Crying or Very sad , that's 4 games for him. 5 for Ethan. Hopefully no one else for a while. I would shudder to think what regression the team would make if anything happened to TJ.

It would be last year's nightmare all over. As mentioned TJ seems to be the only one of the ballhandlers on the team that can get the BALL up the court in a timely fashion.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Stonehouse .It's nice to read your "pearls of wisdom" that you bring to the board. I thought I was going to have to get you a green and gold jersey soon. Smack! j/k

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:08 am

I know, Mesa, I know... consider me the prodigal son returned. Please forgive me.

Seattle U thread Return_of_the_prodigal_son-400

(My old Salzburg art teacher Frau Loos would be so proud of me for the use of Rembrandt...)
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:12 am

At least you didn't get this guys fate...

Seattle U thread Rembrandt
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Seattle U thread Empty Seattle Highlights

Post by PilotNut Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:51 pm

Click here ----> Video Highlights
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Seattle U thread Empty Seattle U

Post by upsailor Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:40 pm

As long as we as use our back up point guard annd current back up ,post player we are in trouble. NO OFFENSE AND ERRACTIC BALLHANDLING. You might as well face it our bench is very weak. Actually the three freshmen, one a red shirt are not thatbad based on their lack of experience. Enuff said.

upsailor
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:18 pm

Yes,

I am in somewhat of agreement on those two points. I still have hope for the backup post because he's so new to the game and played weak competion in HS. He seems to have some natural talents, but like the milk in the fridge part way through your sophomore year and the expiration on the milk seems to be getting closer.Time will tell though. I hate to be a downer but I believe Rev. is even seeing the writing on the wall at Pt. Guard when TJ can't be out there. Darn Crying or Very sad , I just wish Eric could have had some more time in relief of TJ in the preseason. Oh well, if it happens it will be baptism by fire for him in Conference play. I hope he can handle it as well as Stohl,Knutson, and Sikma did last year

Like Rev said and I agree this year in conference it will be exciting cheers . Aren't these young men fun to watch. It doesn't seem like we have any of those "spoiled brats" like other teams have. These guy's have bought in to his "system". It's sure nice even though the Pilot talent level right now isn't as high as others, the guys scrap with the good teams. Also we don't even have to talk about how our team can't rebound or the players lack of intensity on the court. I like the way this whole week is coming together. Other team travel's to Tennessee for Nationally Televised game. Come's back either cocky or super down, ripe for a little upset from little ol' UP.
Well , I can always daydream like Stonehouse right?

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaGorilla Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:25 pm

NO OFFENSE AND ERRACTIC BALLHANDLING

Absolutely on the erratic ballhandling. The accumulation of turnovers has been gut-wrenching. But no offense? From a team that has been leading the conference in field-goal percentage for a few weeks? And has upped its per game point total by about 8 from last year? I'm not so sure . . .
VillaGorilla
VillaGorilla
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:10 pm

I think the "no offense" refers to the second unit, which still may be a slight exaggeration. I do get a little nervous when they come in, though.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down