Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pape Jam - UO vs. USD

2 posters

Go down

Pape Jam - UO vs. USD Empty Pape Jam - UO vs. USD

Post by PilotNut Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:35 am

Is anyone going to the game tomorrow (Saturday), 5pm at the Rose Garden?

In the pre-season, I had this game circled on the calendar as a potential high-visibility W for the WCC... unfortunately, with all the issues at USD since then, I just dont see the Toreros winning this game. Sad Then again, UO seems a little inconsistent this year, too...

Anyway, it's great to see a WCC team in the Pape Jam! Go Toreros!

Interestingly, UO's next 3 games are all WCC teams: USD, SMC (@ UO) on Wednesday 12/17/08 and of course UP @ UO on Saturday 12/20/08.

GO WCC!
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Pape Jam - UO vs. USD Empty Re: Pape Jam - UO vs. USD

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:19 pm

Oh yes. I'll be at both games. You don't have to be a UO alum to be in the alumni band.

UO did graduate a lot of key players. Aside from Tajuan Porter, they are really young. I thought it would be a really tough game for them, but that was before USD's problems.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Pape Jam - UO vs. USD Empty Re: Pape Jam - UO vs. USD

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:27 pm

Well, it looks like USD might be all right. They do still have Pomare and a few others.

It also helps when the Ducks shoot less than 30 percent for most of the game. No, I did not make that up--you could see the numbers on the stat boards in the Garden.

Neither game was all that great, but I don't care as much about Oregon basketball since I have the Pilots to follow. I was there mainly to play out of a terrific band book with very talented musicians. I like our book, but Oregon's charts blow ours out of the water. The new director is friends with UO's director and they share music, so I'm hoping he gets our band closer to that level.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum