Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern Arizona and San Diego State Games

+13
fozziewozzie
purple haze
harryb
GUPhantom
PurplePrideTrumpet
DaTruRochin
PilotNut
Stonehouse
FANatic
aleppiek
Auto Pilot
Geezaldinho
UPSoccerFanatic
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Northern Arizona and San Diego State Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Northern Arizona and San Diego State Games

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:30 pm

Look here for the best rundown we can come up with about who's going to the u20 World Cup. I don't think the list is final, because in a contact sport lots can happen, but it's pretty close.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11811
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Northern Arizona and San Diego State Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Northern Arizona and San Diego State Games

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:07 pm

I agree that the reports are that Florida State appeared stronger than Florida, but lost the game. However, Florida State is very strong, so the fact that it outplayed Florida doesn't mean that much. It should be a great game.

As a matter of interest, Brown beat Penn State yesterday, 1-0, scoring the winning goal in the 9th minute of overtime.

I agree that we never should count out Santa Clara. They always will put up a maximum effort. As for Pepperdine, they beat #23 ranked Tennessee yesterday, 2-0. In addition, San Diego had a slow start to the season but seems to be coming together now.

By the way, the West Region results against teams from other regions yesterday: 12-5-2.

Also, from another website, a Stanford fan's description of their crowd against North Carolina last night (1-1 draw): "a huge, rowdy sell out crowd." Attendance: 2,273. Can we get them up here some day? (I doubt it, since they've figured out the RPI game and play most of their non-conference games against non-West Region teams.

GO PILOTS!
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1868
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:04 pm

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:
fozziewozzie wrote:my favorite goal was elli's 2nd goal. difficult angle an difficult shot, but she had this smile on her face like, 'are you kidding me giving me that shot?' it was a ridiculous shot an she was smiling like it was a sure thing.

Yeah, I loved the look on her face when she scored tonight.

You mean this look?
Northern Arizona and San Diego State Games - Page 3 2852587510_a23f106b86_o
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fozziewozzie Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:56 am

ah geez,
what a great pic. but while i thought the shot was planned, ppt was right. none the less, the smile says it all! a phenomenal game by elli!!

as for hailee redshirting this year, i talked to her mother an she is the one who told me that. yes, it's all dependant on kelsey staying healthy this year. that's probably why hailee dresses, travels an warms up with the team. you never know if kelsey is giong to get her bell wrung like she did last year vs. ucla. if kelsey stays healthy, hailee redshirts i am almost positve. after all, moms know.
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Northern Arizona and San Diego State Games - Page 3 Empty Halley Kreminski

Post by Harry Redknapp Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:26 am

Anyone know the status of Halley K? Aside from Rachael R and Hailee DY she is the only player not to appear in the last 3 games. It would have been an opportunity to see her.
Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:09 am

I'm guessing she's nicked up a bit. She didn't play in Seattle after playing about 25 minutes against USC, and didn't play the first game this weekend.

Considering the bench was pretty much emptied in all those games, It's the best I can come up with.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Redknapp Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:49 am

That's my assumption too.
Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by purple haze Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:14 pm

Comment on Michelle Olivier at holding midfield: She did an excellent job on the defensive end, and I hope she can add some zest to the offense from that spot. Surely the outside backs aren't the only players with the green light to go forward if the opportunity arises. Olivier could look to go direct to goal with long balls or on the dribble, knowing that she has speedy coverage behind her. Most of her offensive distribution this weekend was to the wing mids or to her back line rather than up the field. While the Pilots are probably not expecting to score much from the holding mid spot, it can happen, and Olivier has shown the leg and the heading skill to do it.
purple haze
purple haze
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 749
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Redknapp Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:23 pm

I liked the way that she settled into a pattern of playing the easy one- and two-touch passes. This weekend it was the right thing to do. There were chances to attack down the wings both games and both outside defenders were on the offense constantly. When they push forward it requires that the defensive mid drop deeper to cover, so Olivier was spending a lot of time deep. That appears to be the Pilots MO this year. I'd be happy to see her going forward a little more, but Keelin plays it pretty much the same way, I think. Olivier can hit a good long ball and has played some good dead ball kicks and crosses. If she gets more chances to play in this position I expect that she'll grow in confidence.

Wonder if Garrett will revert to strongest line up for Florida game? with Keelin back in holding mid and Olivier back in mid of defense ...
Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:30 pm

Martin Jol wrote:
Wonder if Garrett will revert to strongest line up for Florida game? with Keelin back in holding mid and Olivier back in mid of defense ...

That seems likely if Korie needs a bit of time to heal. It's a long season and there's no sense in sticking kids in there who are nicked up.

I had a long discussion with a UCLA fan about the Pilot's substitution patterns before the season (that we basically don't.)

BOY! has that ever gone out the window!
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Northern Arizona and San Diego State Games - Page 3 Empty Media reports are out

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:40 pm

The first is from Boaz about Foxhoven's scoring pace - OREGONLIVE
The second is a recap of local teams that leads off with the Pilots. - Tribune
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Redknapp Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:43 pm

Geezer, if it were not for the U20 World Cup situation I think that your discussion would have likely been on target. I think the focus would have been giving Olivier, Burk, Foxhoven, and maybe McCluskie lots of playing time and getting settled with existing players.

That's only one goal now. Now Garrett also has to explore what happens when the three amigas are gone so there's a whole raft of experiments. Rachael's injury just adds to the uncertainty.
Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3